Don't know what to think..

I'm in a long term loving relationship with my man. Everything seemed fine until few days ago, when I went to astrologist (the person who predicts the future by the position of planets). My friend suggested to me to go to this astrologist, and I've paid my money to have a consultation and to get my personal forecast. Well, the astrologist looked at my birth date, and place where I was born, and my partner's. The forecast wasn't good at all, she said to me if I decide to have children with my partner it's better not to have them, as she can see that all our children will die (she didn't tell me how, it could be bad pregnancy, anything). I was shocked, we were planning this year!! I was so upset, I was shocked, why on Earth I went to this woman? I couldn't even tell my partner what happened! And don't know what to do!  I don't know what to think, I can't stop thinking about this bloody forecast. I've been in a very happy 3 years relationship, last year I had an ovarian cyst and had a treatment-surgery, and we were planning a baby this year. I love my partner, and I want to have a family with him. But this forecast ruined my dreams, I don't know what to do. I didn't tell my man yet, and he even doesn't know that I went to this place. I'm very scared now, what if what she said is true? I'm sorry to write in here, just don't know what to think...
I personally wouldn't pay any attention to it. Some believe and live by these, but you shouldn't let this mess with your plans to start a family. Put it out of your mind and continue like you were going to. Remember that it is possible you may miscarry. They're highly common. (about 50-60% of first trimester pregnancies end in miscarriage) Just don't give up or be discouraged before you even try.  
I've been to a psychic once in person, did a phone psychic thing once, and had an astrological chart cast once.  The phone psychic was pretty good on telling me my occupation, but that was it.  Enjoyed the astrologer, but I can only remember one thing she said. The psychic (who was well known in local police circles for accurate work on murder cases) told me a bunch of stuff the did not prove out.  If predicting the future was that accurate, all these guys would have batted 1000.  (It almost sounds like you were set up in some way.  Does your friend like your man?)

Either:  a) astrology is a bunch of bunk so you don't have anything to worry about, or:  b) there is something to it.  But even if (b), you don't know if this person is good at it.  If it has unnerved you this much, go to a different astrologer and see what he or she says.  [Don't tell your friend in advance.]  Almost certainly it won't be the same forecast.  Then you can put the first one into perspective.  

Clysta, thank you for your support. Yes, I should believe and go on with my plans. But, it's hard, I still can't stop thinking about what this astrologist said to me. This is the lesson for everyone, never try to predict your future by going to such places, it will mess up you, big time! Thank you.
AnnieBrooke, thank you for your comment. No, I don't think it was my friend, she is my best friend, and she has her own family. From reviews I've read that this astrologist is strong in her knowledge, she even predicted the death of Princess Diana. :-( Still can't stop thinking about my chart cast. Don't know if I should tell my partner about this? He never reads his own weekly horoscope even from newspaper, not sure if he will be happy with this one. God, I'm so unnerved with this thing..
Like I suggested, if you are really that unnerved and concerned, see another astrologer and see if they say the same thing.  My guess is that they won't.

The other possibility is to assess why anything anyone else says (whether it is an astrologer or not) would be enough to hit  such a strong nerve.  Are you uncertain yourself about the relationship?

In my world, it would be easier to go to a second astrologer than to figure out that other possible question.  :)

Take care, and good luck.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.