Early Pregnancy Symptoms

Hello Everyone. This is the first time I've been on a site like this. Little nervous. For about a month now I've had what the books say early pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, Breast tenderness,Fatigue, Hightened sense of smell, and for two weeks I've had some pink spotting (not much) and light to dark brown spotting. About two to three weeks ago I took two home pregnancy test and they were negative. Planning on taking another one in two weeks. I have no cramping with the spotting( has been there daily off and on thruout the day), and the breast tenderness is sometimes constant thruout the day and sometimes occasionally. Nausea at first was constant now only when I eat. Fatigue is a new symptom ( a week), and sense of smell ( 2 weeks).  Does this sound like I should go ahead with the pregnancy test or wait two weeks. For five months until April 27th or 28th 2010 i was bleeding. The first time we tried to conceive was April 30th 2010. Also wondering if this could just be my body readjusting from bleeding for so long. If anyone has some answers I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you :0)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I somewhat have the same issue, march 18th was my last period and right now i have spotting but to me its kind of heavy and im nervous my appt with the doctor is not until may 3rd and im so anxious just to find out, but with my daughter who will be 6 when i was pregnant with her i had bleeding that i just assumed was a period and because pregnancy tests did not work at all for me, i never got a result until 3 1/2 months along by first response test and the second line was very very faint. Blood test confirmed i was that far along and doctor said its very rare but some woman dont have a strong enough level of hcg in their body to detect by those tests. I hope this somewhat helps to give you some hope that you could be pregnant please keep in touch and let me know what happens, I will do the same :) Angie ***@****
Helpful - 0
sorry I meant March 23rd was my last period and i think stopped on march 27th. We first tried to conceive on March 30th.
Helpful - 0
thank you so much for your advice. It helps alot to know that im not the only one with these symptoms. and im not going crazy :0) I hope that everything goes well with your dr's appointment. I know nothing i can say can take the anxiety away completly for you, but im here if you want somebody to talk to. somebody you can let off some steam to. We just got to believe no matter how this comes out that everything is going to be alright. If were not pregnant right now then we can always try again. I know thats not what either one of us wants to hear and i hope soon both of us can congratulate each other. the home pregnancy test can be so confusing when your anxious to hear good news. ive took so many of them in the past where we werent trying but not trying to prevent a baby either that its depressing to see other people pregnant and newborn babies. ive had all of the early pregnancy symptoms in the past and not be pregnant. So im sending you happy relaxing thoughts and good luck as big as the world. :0)  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.