Aa
A
A
A
Close
1060736 tn?1296756980

Electric Pump not even 1 oz milk

Hello
My girl is 4 weeks and l breastfeed her. l know pumping improve the milk supply so l begin to pump when she sleeps (not every time cause sometimes she doesnt sleep long)
After feeding my girl she sleeps l think it shows that she is not hungry but when l pump l don't get anything , just a little. Does anyone has the same problem ? Or am l doing sth wrong ?
Thank you
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
134578 tn?1642048000
You can rent a hospital-grade pump, they are whoppers for sucking the milk.  Talk to your ob-gyn's office about that, the rental is very reasonable (at least in our area).  I used a Medela pump and thought it was good.
Helpful - 0
1060736 tn?1296756980
Mine is Tommee tippee electric one. One lady told me to remove the silicone  thing
she said l can get more milk if l do that
l removed
lt didn't change much. l am drinking water and all kind of fruit juice from morning until evening. When l squeeze my nipple l have always milk coming out but l don't know why it doesnt come out with this pumper
Thank you very much for all your answers
Helpful - 0
134578 tn?1642048000
Keep well hydrated, too.
Helpful - 0
202436 tn?1326474333
some pumps are crap....what kind do you use?  
Helpful - 0
121828 tn?1333464491
Be patient. Also, I got frustrated thinking there was no milk when really I wasn't waiting for a let down.
Helpful - 0
1060736 tn?1296756980
thank u l think l should continue the way l do. after feeding her l will pump... one bottle of my own milk is like a dream right now.  l hope it will work for me.
Helpful - 0
1128483 tn?1277340286
When you first start pumping to increase your supply you won't get much, after about a week you should notice an increase.  Another thing you can try is to pump on the opposite side while she's feeding on one side and/or you could pump both sides right after she eats.  That's what I was told to do when I started to increase my supply to stock pile some for when I went to work.  I think it took me almost a week to get a few bottles, after about 2 or 3 weeks I saw a change.  

Also, when you pump are you pumping both sides at the same time?  That should help, and you should notice the side she last ate on you won't have as much as the other side.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.