FLUID IN LUNGS!!??? please answer soon!

My son who is 2 1/2 yrs. has been back and forth to the doctor with allergies, asthma, and other complications such as RSV he has been diagnosed with RSV  twice in the past 3 months the last time was 6 weeks ago, and it has cleared up since! this morning he started coughing, having a runny nose, discharge from his eyes and wet coughing as well....i was just wanting to know how i could tell if he has fluid in his lungs????
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's hard to tell sometimes. I know I had pneumonia for weeks and didn't know it until I finally went to the doctor because I couldn't get rid of the cough.
Being that he's so little and little ones can get sick so fast, I'd take him in and ask for a chest X-Ray. Listen to your gut, you know what's best for your child. Don't wait. Take him in.
Helpful - 0
I agree completely!
Helpful - 0
i totaly agree, drs dont have the maternal instict that we have.trust ur own gut to let u know if there is more to wats wrong with ur baby. there is a medicene that u can buy called KARAVOL, its like a baby form of vics. u just break open the capsule, pour it on his/her bib or top and it works. i wod swear by it. have used it on many occasions with my baby.

best of luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.