FYI to mommies who are shopping

FYI - Toys R Us Stinks - I saved my coupon that clearly states 20% off any baby item so that I could go purchase a $320.00 Playhouse for dd.  I also purchased batteries for this playhouse and they took the 20% off the batteries not the playhouse.  Said the playhouse (which is for 18months - 3  years) is not a baby item.  More of a toddler item.  I said excuse me are you telling me that 18 month old is a todder - well no but the coupon does not cover that.  In the exclusions for the coupon it excluded diapers, formula, Ipods, Video Games.  

So if it took the time to exclude those items why not exclude step 2?  The manager and corporate office said an ipod could be used for a baby so they have to exclude it?  So an ipod for an 18 month old but not a playhouse?  And batteries are a baby item?

I was so mad - but the playhouse was already loaded onto our truck, I thought I could fight it with corporate office but they were just as rude.  I cant believe after all the money my pregnancy and daughter have produced that company that they can do this to their customers.

Just wanted to let you ladies know.  If you have the option of shopping elsewhere please do.  Walmart, Sears and KB Toys are all cheaper.

PS.  I am not done yet I will be sending copies of my coupon and receipt to the BBB and copy Toys R Us on that.  I also made reviews on this online.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good for you for fighting back! I agree batteries?? Its not like your children can play with batteries!

I feel your pain sista!

Stacy
Helpful - 0
What a bummer Kim. I would be so mad!! Hello, batteries are a baby item??? I would fight it. If it wasn't listed in the exclusions and they consider batteries a baby item then you should be able to fight it and win. Tell them you are reporting them to the BBB and boycott shopping there.  You go girl!!

P.S. I hope Eva has fun with the playhouse!!
Helpful - 0
Wow! Ridiculous! They excluded diapers and formula, too? Hmmm.. Seems like they just made up some random rules.
Helpful - 0
I so can relate. I hate that dang store... Only reason we recently went was because we had a ton of gift cards for Quinn that we decided to use. I keep telling family and friends NO MORE toys r us gift cards...

Good for u, do not back down...

Now I am going to go get Quinn some batteries to play with. After all that is a baby toy, right??
Helpful - 0
Yes, I hear batteries - esp the AAA ones are fun to chew on. haha

The playhouse is a huge hit - we were going to get it for her for christmas but since it will be cold at that time we just went to get it for our deck and she LOVES it.  She puts her babies in there, shuts the door behind her.  I just wish I went to Walmart to get it.

Helpful - 0
Wow I am glad you told us that because I have the same coupon that I was planning to go get one of the bikes that the parent can push for AJ this weekend.  I am sure that would be the same thing.  You should have someone else go with a coupon and see if another associate would go for it, maybe a store farther down the road.  That just seems a bit crazy.  Baby does not mean infant or newborn!  Wow!  I am really disappointed to hear that!
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately, diapers and formula are always excluded. It stinks!
Helpful - 0
I guess I would have figured it was excluded, but have been through the coupon exclusions before- Carson's 5.  I think that they should have told you when they rang it up and made sure you were okay with it not being covered, and there is no way they should have wasted that coupon on batteries.  At the very least, when it was figured out, it would have been good customer service to give it to you. Good luck, I hope they can give you a better explanation and maybe something for your time and the mix up.
Helpful - 0
they are the worst at returns too.  my son wanted to return an item he recieved as a gift and he was only able to get store credit.  i also hate the photo studio they have in some of their locations.  it took weeks and many of them to get my photo the right way and still it came out wrong. it was a mothers day gift for the grandmas so i had to get my money back (they didnt want to) and go get something else last minute!!  i still love the clothes but i hate they did this to you.i would have put the darn thing back even if it was loaded on my truck.
Helpful - 0
I really wanted to put it back, I was fired up by I thought for sure once I contacted their headquarters that I would win and they would send me something.  I lost and it makes me even more mad.  But I am not done.  I am sure by the time Toys R Us is done with me I will have a gift card for the $50 or so bucks I would have saved but I will NEVER make a purchase from them again with my own cash.

** Manager on phone told me that some of those coupons say 20% or 15% off ANY item.  Some say Baby Item.  Mine said Baby Item.
Helpful - 0
cantwait,  I really hate ToysRUs,  the whole shopping experience there just seems awful,  but:

1.  an 18 month old is a toddler - the name means they toddle about learning to walk.  For some reason,  people have started referring to preschoolers as toddlers - like in the case of missing Caylee Anthony the media keeps referring to a 3 year old as a toddler.  Toddlers are from walking age to about 2 years old.

2.  A playhouse isn't a baby item and your coupon said baby item.

They're right on the coupon,  in my opinion.  BUT,  I still would rather shop elsewhere.
Helpful - 0
omg. how annoying. i am glad you are not letting this one go. they shouldn't be able to get away with that. what would they have done is you bought the batteries separately without the coupon? told you you couldn't use the coupon at all? what a bunch of c r a p! a playhouse is a baby item in any sense of the word. it may be used used by both babies and toddlers, but if babies CAN use it - it counts! btw - what age exactly determines 'toddler' nowadays anyway?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.