Feeling kind of lazy

Hey everyone, i am 27 weeks pregnant with our first little boy!! I was 136lbs when I got pregnant and I am 5'6". I have gained about 20-25 lbs so far. Everyone says I look GREAT, but I feel so gross :( I work at a high end health and fitness center where I have full access to a gym. I feel like i will feel better if I at least go on the treadmill or the bike for a 1/2 hr a day, but it seems like every time I get off work, I just want to go home and lay down. I am at work from 7am to 1pm mon-sat. I am there so much, that when it is time to go home...I JUST WANNA GO HOME!!! It is way too hot outside to go for a walk...any sugesstions??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
cara listen to your body. if you are too tired then you should never push it. its hard to accept the new body that comes with pg.  i read a tip that having the hubby help with walking with you, or swimming (i heard best when pg) makes it easier than doing it alone. with the heat its probably best to not go out too much, goodness knows you cant respond to us if you are passed out on the sidewalk!! lol. society has made us believe that even in pregnancy we are supposed to look a certain way and not gain too much weight blah blah blah. while not gaining too much weight is healthier, some women seem to gain more easily. i try to tell myself i can lose it after. its just a short amount of time to deal with thicker thighs!
Helpful - 0
I was working out 3-5 days a week before I got pregnant.  I was put off exercise until 14 weeks.  And I've hardly been there since!!  The treadmill makes me throw up and I can't stand all the smells of the sweaty folks.  So I am walking in the park  and trying to swim a few times a week.  and I really like to have a nap during the day.
Helpful - 0
Thanks, I know that I am not alone, but it is nice to hear it from an actual person! good luck to you, i think i am going to hop on the treamill for a 1/2 hr tomorrow, hey, it might make me feel a little better :)
Helpful - 0
I feel you girl.  I am 18 weeks today and I have already gained 18 lbs.  I am not very committed to the gym either.  I go every so often and I feel like since I haven't gone that I look like a fat cow.  I'm so miserable about my body that I'm not letting myself enjoy the pregnancy.  I love my belly but not my fat thighs, arms and newly formed back fat.  Not cute at all.  My fiance says I'm gorgeous but who believes that.  I'm just so tired too that when I go home the last thing I want to do is get on the treadmill.  I'm thinking of waking up an hour earlier but I love sleeping.  I'm sorry if I wasn't helpful but maybe it helps to know that we are not alone.  Most women are uncomfortable with the change in their bodies.  It's in our nature.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.