Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

First After Pregnancy Period ? and other questions

i have a question i started yesterday. Jesse-Sophia is 6w2d today and i thought my period would have came sooner but it didnt. anyways since i started it is very heavy, like a pad every other hour, or so. for me that is a lot.

**and am i aloud to use a tampond? they said nothing in untill 6 weeks is over. I go to the dr. tomarrow.

**is there any questions i should ask the dr. at my post dr visit. thanks everyone.
6 Responses
I would wait on the tampon until after your visit, they want to make sure you are healed.  I got my first period after delivery a week from this past Sat. and it was really heavy too, your body is just cleaning itself out still.  Mine came at 9 weeks 1 day after delivery and is finally starting to go away now.  If you are worried call, but otherwise sounds normal and you go in tomorrow.  I did have trouble after my first baby with pain and also keeping them in.  I had lots of stitches though and waited almost a year.  This time around I was able to use tampons, but again they slip out and get uncomfortable, so be prepared in case you have issues too.
thanks i never thought about the tampons falling/not staying in as good. i guess they would though. thanks. only bad part is it is getting hot here and swiming time so i sure hope they do after a while.
I had my 1st period at exactly 30 days postpartum (baby #2). I was surprised since I am breastfeeding. I have hd one every 27 days since, and baby is now almost 5 mos. My 1st period was very heavy for several days. I did not use tampons. My other periods since then have been super heavy on day 2, but normal (for me) on the other days. I do use tampons now, but use the super. The regular feels a bit loose in there.
130265 tn?1450986981
I'm currently on my 1st period postpartum. It's very light, but crampy. I got it exactly 1 month pp. I forgot that I always get AF 1 month after having a baby or miscarriage. I'd love to use a tampon, but forget it. After having a 10lb baby I doubt it'll stay in there so soon  :-)
I had a 10 lb. baby too, could not keep them in for quite awhile, took me months, almost a year before I even felt like I wanted to try one.  Was your last one the big baby?  I just had another one and they induced early to prevent another one.  He was just under 9 lbs. and it was a total breeze to heal from that one.  My Dr. even stitched me up tighter since I really needed it.  I also found that the kegels helped tighten up.  I still have issues with them, but not nearly as bad.
Just had a baby  and tubal in july by way of csection. I bled for a while and stopped . My baby was 6weeks on monday. A few days prior I started bleedingvery heavily.
I was concerned about  bleeding so soon after but my doc reassured me that it was my cycle and abdominal pain was just from body and uterus still healing.
I thought maybe i pulled something or something was wrong because I don't remember having a cycle this soon after firt pregnany.

Should I still be alarmed? How long was your cycle and wasit heavy?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.