Women's Health: Postpartum Community

First Period After Miscarriage.........WHEN......

I had a miscarriage that began on February 11.  I stopped bleeding on February February 19.  Does anyone have any idea when I should have another period?
First of all I am sorry for your loss. I think the time varies for alot of people. A close friend of mine miscarried last year and it took her about 6 weeks. I know of some others that never started again...because they got pregnant before AF had a chance to show up. Best wishes to you.
I had a m/c in May and AF came exactly 29 days after.  I'm a fairly regular person with my cycle.
Take Care
anywhere from 4-8 weeks after a miscarriage is completed is about the average time.

I'm sorry for your loss.
After my 2nd D&C which was Oct 6, 2003 (they did NOT get everything the first time) I got my period Nov 7, 2003 and then my second period came Dec 7, 2003 (I had NEVER been that reg.) Jan 7 came and went so I took a test and was pg again.  I have a wonderful but fussy 6 month old baby boy.  Good Luck to you and I am so sorry you had to go through that.  Take Care
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, It seems alot of us had that disappointing ,emotional event happen to us.
Good thing is most of us are either pregnant or have had children.
You mentioned you bleed from the 11-19  they did do a d&c didnt they?
Your periods should return to regular state by 4-6 weeks
hopefully you will not be like me, it took 12 weeks to get my period after my m/c. although it is great to not have a period, it does mess with getting pg since most drs want you to have a period after a m/c before trying again, this is because you could have a higher chance of m/c
Hello- I am so sorry.
I had a miscarriage on February 4th. I got pregnant 2 weeks after the miscarriage (so use protection if you don't want that to happen) so my period would have arrived around the 4th of March. I also had a miscarriage last November and i got my period 4 weeks to the day. My doc told me it varies from 3-8 weeks.
Had a m/c on Feb. 26.  Bleeded for exactly 1 week and tapered to spotting for another week.  Don't have my period yet.  I am not in a rush to get pregnant either.  That's probably not the norm because most people have the urge to get pregnant again immediatley after a loss.  In fact, I plan to 'avoid' getting pregnant for at leat another 6 months to do some traveling first.

Best wishes to you.
mine came exactly 29 days after my D&C.
Thanks ladies!  It started today!
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I had a misscarriage last March 4, at 12 weeks along and I got my period on April 1st. My question to any of you is I had my period for 4 days or so, seemed pretty normal and then I stopped for two days but today is April 8 and it seems I started all over again.  has anyone had this situation happen to them?  I never did go back to the doctor after the misscarriage and the D&C it was just all to much for me it was a really bad experiance the doctor and nurses were laughing the whole time, (but thats a different stroy) and I didn't feel I needed to go back.  I was planning on trying to get pregnant this month.  I just want to put this all behind me and move forward.  Do you think it is normal, I couldn't go through an D & C again.....
Natalie
I had a miscarrige 2 months ago and i just got my first period today,, i was wondering if its normal for your first period to be light... i usually bleed pretty heavy.. but im not i have normal cramping but i was worried about the lightness of it.. is this normal for the first one?
Danielle