Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Gestational Diabetes

So, I was just told my blood sugar was slightly elevated on the 1 hour glucose tolerance test, and I have to go back for the 3 hour test.  I'm not sure of how much I failed by...but I've been thirsty this whole pregnancy just about and feel that maybe I had diabetes this whole time?  I bought one of those blood glucose testers and my fasting level was 67 this morning, and it was 91 about 50 minutes after eating.  I have tested my blood sugar before because of me being thirsty ALL the time about a month ago.  I've never seen a reading above a 90 and I've tested at all times after meals, even after I drank a bunch of sugar to simulate the test...and an hour later my level was 85 or something.  I tested about 8 times total last month.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Do you think I have diabetes?
3 Responses
4591205 tn?1410608774
Mine was high for the one hour but i passed the 3 hour no problems
973741 tn?1342346373
I'm the same as BarbieAnn.  I failed the one hour and passed the three hour.  Make sure to eat NOTHING in the time frame they give you or even a tiny bit before.  good luck
Thank you!  Took it yesterday, fingers crossed!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.