Gestational sac at first u/s measured 6 weeks,after 10 days second u/s measured 4-5 weeks, is this sign of natural miscarriage?

Hi Everyone,

Please give me some answers. Based on my LMP i am 12 weeks when i first had my U/S and the result showed 6 weeks gestational sac. The doctor said that i have the possibility of miscarrying as there is no fetal pole,no yolk sac, no heartbeat seen. After 10 days, i went back again for my second u/s and still nothing to see. And the measurement of the gestational sac becomes 4 to 5 weeks. She said there are some small blood clots and there is no yolk sac.My HCG level result is 3889.
I have spotted for 2 days and  4 days is slight bleeding same like my menstruation before . Until now im still having slight bleeding , i smelled it and not smell like a blood during period. The texture is like with the white part of the eggs, and its slippery.

Is getting smaller gestation sac a sign of natural miscarriage is occuring?

I am really really sad right now and I am trying to accept what is happening to me right now. This is my first pregnancy and we've tried quite a while to get pregnant and its so devastating that this happens almost to women thats wanting children. And those who dont want children easily get for them to get pregnant and have it aborted. Why cant we easily be pregnant normally. sorry for all women also going same situation with me. its very painful.

hugs to you and thanks for sharing me your ideas.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i know wat you going threw i had my son and then had 2 mc the first i lost only a couple days after finding out my seconde was diagnosed as a blighten ovum which ounds like what you had it mean that the egg did get fertelized and did satrt 2 develope but the baby never developed and you got the hcg lvl cause the plecenta did form but no baby the gave me this pill and it exspelled it all well 2 months later i stillhadnt gotten my period so they did  test positive and did u/s there was my baby 8 weeks 2 days with a stronge heart be so i hope the best for you
Helpful - 0
There are a lot of women on here who know what you are feeling and going though-  I am sorry you did not get more response.  

I have had 2 miscarriages-  but I have also had two healthy pregnancies-  sequence goes: loss, baby girl, loss, baby boy...  we tried for 8 months to get pregnant with the loss between our boy and girl, and we lost that baby- so I know exactly what you are feeling!  It does get easier, I promise.  Give your self some time to heal emotionally and physically and then try again....  chances are good that your next pregnancy will be a healthy one.

hugs to you too, and hang in there.
Helpful - 0
Thank you Annie, my scheduled for my ultrasound is next week. That "something" that came out to me , we sent it to the laboratory so they can test and check it.

Me and my husband will try again after few months, it's not good time these days as my husband will be out of country next week.

Thank you so much for replying to my post. It gives me comfort knowing that someone also understands what i am feeling now. God Bless us all. Hugs.
Helpful - 0
Dear very,

I am so sorry.  Go to your doc and get an ultrasound to be sure everything is as expected (i.e., no retained tissue), and then when you feel like it, you can try again.  It does not take the place of the little one who came for such a short time and gave you such joy, but it gives you hope for the future.

Good luck.  It isn't easy.
Helpful - 0
Thank you AnnieBrooke for comforting words. I bled the other night and passed what supposed to be the fetus. and I totally miscarried. :-(

Now, we are on process of healing and move on with our loss with our little one. Thank you so much.
Helpful - 0
Your story is very sad.  I am so sorry, but the size changing to a smaller size is not a positive sign at all.  No yolk sac at this point is also a negative sign.  Probably you did not get immediate responses because there is nothing to say to make the situation better.  When I miscarried, all my doctor could do was say, "I'm sorry."  And that is all anyone can say.

If it helps at all, please know that miscarriage is largely a problem of the embryo itself, not anything you did or did not do.  And often it is followed by a successful pregnancy.  

I do not know why some of us have to do so much to get pregnant (you would not want to know how much money, difficulty and time my husband and I spent before we finally got pregnant), and why some women are so fertile that they get pregnant almost at the drop of a hat.  Dr. Laura once said that this is the one thing she will ask at the Pearly Gates when she dies, and I don't blame her.

Good luck, I am sorry to hear your story, and I hope for a better outcome for you soon.
Helpful - 0
nobody seems reading my post :-(
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.