Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Getting period every 2 weeks on BC after giving birth???

I gave birth 3 months ago and started BC at 6 weeks post baby, when I got my first period. I take the birth control at exactly the same time everyday, I set a timer..lol, so why am I still getting it every 2 weeks??? Although it is not like the first period at all. The first one was extremely heavy, tons of cramps....nothing like that ever since. But now it's like heavy spotting red and brown blood...wth is going on???
Hi!
Polymenorrhea or bleeding from vagina more than once a month could be due to several causes. However in your case the most likely cause is the BC pills you are taking, which are most probably not suiting you. Other causes include fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, uterine polyps, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems and bleeding disorders. It can also be a part of severe pelvic inflammatory disorder. STDs like Chlamydia and gonorrhea too can cause this.  
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your gynecologist for this. Take care!