Going out of my mind! Heat Rash Keeping me up all night

Okay, once again I am developing rashes.  I use Aveeno lotion and use a little Cortizone Cream.  I take Benedryl at night.  I have nasty red rash on breasts and on belly button.  It wakes me up in the morning and is awful.  I am hoping swimming today will provide some relief!  I am 31 weeks and don't know if I want to cope with this for 2 more months.  I am miserable!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Try and use a powder like gold bond--double check with dr 1st.  But I think I used this and it was okay.
Helpful - 0
the chlorine may definitely help dry things out.  Sorry you're so uncomfortable and hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
Probably not heat rash, but a rash preggies get called PUPPS (abreviated). Yes it does itch awful and it is all over your breasts and belly and maybe thighs and arms.  I had it with my son but fortunately mine went away.  All I did was take cool showers and try to wear little clothing as to not aggitate it anymore then necessary.  You can take a benadryl if you wish, but it made me too groggy, so I did not take, but it will not hurt the baby.  My understanding is that it does not usually go away b4 birth and can even get worse after the birth, but I hope you have the same kind I did and will go away in a few weeks. Good luck, you can google Pregnancy rash and probably find a few web sites.  Take care and try not to scratch too much, some women can actually make themselves bleed (on the red marks that is).
Helpful - 0
They usually say that you're meant to hold off for atleast 4 days (the men) to get the maximum number of sperm with good motility.

Having said that - are you looking to package Eau De Husband, because I'm jealous as hell!!
Helpful - 0
Well, I saw the doc today, and he said this is all quite normal.  He told me what I started using last night, Lanacane along with extra stregnth GOld BOND powder with Menthol should calm it down, and it has for now.  I also now get VERY hot like a hot flash without the intense sweating.  It can happen anytime anywhere.  Last night had my first baby class and I was so hot--everyone looked at me like I was nuts.  I had to stand over next to the air conditioning vents because I was too hot.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.