Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Gotta get it out..........

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. Sometimes you just gotta get stuff out and this is one of those times. In the past 6 months I myself have had 2 surguries, a m/c, my DH is going to have open heart surgury, my MIL is in the midst of finding out if she has breast cancer or not, and last night the put my DH's brother in the hospital for unknown bleeding in several areas. All of this on top of trying to concieve and it not working last month and trying it again this month......I swear, something has got to give. Being in a new marraige and having DH trying to adjust to a 5 yr old,and his mom trying to adjust to having him gone (BTW, he is a momma's boy) and then you add all this stuff on top if it......I've had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the negative post this morning, but I just don't know whether I'm coming or going anymore and don't know what I'm doing wrong that all of this is fell in my lap.
Hello Emma,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having such an awful time with everything going on in your life. I was and still am in the same boat. My mother was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and had that removed in November...then the doctors said it was a secondary lesion (meaning the tumor came from a certain cancer in the body) and I was devastated. I also have not been able to get pregnant since my miscarriage in September and just found out my husband might be sterile now (morphability problem). Also, my best friend had tried to commit suicide and is right now in a hospital dealing with borderline personality disorder and I am taking care of her 5mo. old baby until the state decides what to do with this situation (termination of parental rights?). So, I completely understand the stress and anxiety you are feeling. I will say a prayer that your husband has a safe and wonderful surgery and another prayer so you may conceive. Cheer up and know you are not alone. I am sending you a cyber shoulder so you may cry on it...okay...lord knows I have needed one. - Emi
Thanks Emi....I hate to hear that you're going through such a rough time as well. Life isn't supposed to be this complicated and hard. I wish you the best with all that you're going through and hope that you get the answers you need to get you a little bundle soon!!! ((((HUGS to YOU)))!!!!
If this helps even a little bit then great....I have been told that God seeks the strong and tests them with trials so they may learn. Even though you and I are going through so much stress we would not be given these situations if we could not handle them (even tough we think we can't). Have faith and thank God we are not homeless or severely lost. I am not trying to preach for I do not consider myself extremely spiritual (wholly-roller), but I do believe in tests and faith.
Emma1:  Sorry to hear what you are going through.  I can relate to when it rains it pours.  That last six months for me have been hell.  I moved which is soo stressful, lost my job, started a new one, got pregnant, found out my dad has  Lou Gehrig's Disease, miscarried and then lost my grandmother.  This has all been within six months.   I am STILL ttc #1 and the thought of my child never knowing their grandfather makes me feel so much more stressed to conceive because my dad is terminal.   I know God is with me through all of this and everything works out in HIS perfect time.  This gives me great comfort!
I am so sorry to hear that you are having such troubles. Not to add thunder to your storm, but maybe right now isn't the best of times to TTC. Stress can affect your cycles, making you late when you aren't pg AND it is a suggested factor in m/c. Seriously, I am not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to save you some heart break. I know how hard it is to be late due to stress and suffer through a BFN.  

At the very least, take some time to let EVERYONE else worry about the pitfalls that surround you. Don't let anyone discuss anything upseting with you. Go get a pedicure or manicure or both. If possible maybe a massage or whole spa day for that matter if you can. Or do what I do when I feel too stressed. I take a "mental health" day! I wake up and get everyone out of the house, turn off my phones, take some junk food and drinks to my room and spend the day in bed reading, sleeping, watching tv, whatever I want to do. It seems impossible but I MAKE it happen. Try that one day and don't even think of anyone but YOU for one whole day!
Just thought i 'd tell you that i really like your mental helth day idea!!! i think i'll have one today myself!!!

I need one too! Now we have a puppy too and i'm at my wit's end! HELLLP! LOL!
Hye what kind of puppy??? I LOVE puppies... Hope
Hey! We got a boxer puppy.  She's 8 weeks old and she's 100 times more work than all my kiddos put together! =0