Graco Sweetpeace?? Anyone have it??

Okay.. Well I know in another post I may have come off B***** to say the least.. But I decided that I'm going to need to start using the Maternal forum more soon because I wont be pregnant forever.. I just have a question.  Anyone have the Graco Sweetpeace? I just got an email about it and it looks like an awesome swing.  I was thinking about asking for it for my baby shower.. Any suggestions or advice on it?? Thanks for any replies in advance.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey hon...welcome to the forum.  Well I personally haven't used it, I use the rainforest swing which my son loves and is about to grow out of :(

I suggest looking at the weight capacity.  You want one that will last for awhile.  Mine goes up to 25 lbs. and my son is almost done with it but hey it's still swinging though...lol.
Helpful - 0
I have it and my son loves it....he is 3 weeks today.  It is really cool because the seat is removable and can be turned 3 different ways for 3 different swinging experiences.  Also if you have a graco carseat you can put that into the swing (with the seat that comes with it removed of course) so if baby is sleeping when you bring them in from the car they can go straight to the swing for a lesser chance of waking them up.  My only complaint is that the seat is not very supportive for a newborn who is very floppy still.  I put a baby positioner in it and all but still was not supportive enough.  I use my SIL graco car seat she is no longer using and he fits much more comfortably.   And best of all it plugs in.  Congrats on the baby.
Helpful - 0
I bought it b/c it looked so awesome and  my son HATES it. I am so bummed. He's 10 weeks today and I keep trying hoping he'll like it. I'm not sure why he doesn't like it...maybe the seat bucket is too deep. I don't know. In fact the only time he liked it is for one photo opp which I happen to have in my profile :0)

I'm not giving up hope....I turned the seat around thinking maybe he just didn't like being swung in the back and forth position. Maybe he'll like the side to side.

If not, you'll find one coming to an EBAY site near you :0)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for replying so fast.  Thanks for the welcome Mami how do you like the rainforest swing?? The reason that Im looking at the Graco is because I got an email about it and watched some of the videos on it and it looks really amazing.  

nursekim Thanks alot for all the helpful information.. I read in some reviews that it seems "too big" for a newborn but I was thinking about giving it a try anyway because looking at all the online videos and stuff it looks really good.. And its kind of on the expensive side so that must mean somthing, haha.  And yeah I have a graco car seat so thats awesome that it just pops on there.. Thanks again for all the great information :D
Helpful - 0
cpatow- Some babies just aren't swing babies either.. Maybe he would rather just be held lol I have 3 younger sisters and the baby loved her swing while my second oldest sister hated it.. and it was the same swing lol.  I think Im going to give it a try though because I already have so many clothes and things for him that no one knows what to get me for my shower so I was thinking about asking people to group up and chip in to buy me a crib and a swing.. Then I will pretty much be set for awhile lol well thanks for the heads up!
Helpful - 0
I love the rainforest swing.  It only swings from front to back or side to side but the mobile uptop is bright and caught my son's attention.  The seat seems cozey.  It reclines or sits up but as of now my son sits upright in it instead of laying back.  I will take pics of him doing it and post it.  I'm sad that he's growing out of it...but he doesn't really sleep in it anymore.  He just likes the swinging.
Helpful - 0
wow it has the carseat that hooks to it.  I do not have this but if I would have seen it any time in the first 8 weeks or so of my sons life I would have definately purchased it!!!  I WILL have this for my second child!  Hope that helps.
Helpful - 0
welll....for anyone that may want one soon, don't pay full retail price. I may offer you a screaming bargain for one that has been sat in once :0). I wish they made one of htese for adult-size but it appears my little guy just ain't gonna take it. :0(
Helpful - 0
So the verdict is in.  I showed it to my mom last night and she is going to buy it for my shower gift.  She wanted to buy me a crib but my boyfriends mom is doing that.  She thinks that it looks really cool and comfy.  Hopefully he likes it :D thanks for the input and advice ladies!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.