Grinding Teeth

Aspen keeps grinding her teeth and it is driving me insane. I keep giving her things to put into her mouth so that she wont grind them because I think that it could be causing damage and dont want it to become a permanent habit. Does anyone know of anything to get babies to stop grinding teeth?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Children tend to grind their teeth while they're teething.  It goes away when they stop teething.  Yes, it's not the greatest thing for their teeth but no, it's not doing any "permanent" damage.  They lose these teeth and usually the habit doesn't last that long that they continue doing this.  Unfortunately, you can't stop such a young child from grinding their teeth.
Helpful - 0
Same thing here like with Greta.  Jayden did it when he had bottom and top and it killed me.  But now he has a whole bunch of teeth and he hasn't grinded them in a while.  I think they get curious about the sound and the way it feels but they move on past it.  
Helpful - 0
Evan just started doing this! He's 13 months and its driving me crazy!!!
Helpful - 0
My daughter went through a phase like this also. It lasted a couple of months and now she doesn't do it anymore. Hopefully this stage will pass quickly for you.
Helpful - 0
They learn to torment us at such a young age. Wonder what they will do when they are teenagers... I shudder at the thought.  LOL  :)
Helpful - 0
i hate that sound my son was doing that the other day ugh im likenooo stop i put the pacifier in his mouth lol
Helpful - 0
Quinn sounds like quite the character! Lol I love babys!
Helpful - 0
Major pet peeve of mine as well. Leave it to us to have kids that do it. LOL :)

I will tell Quinn to knock it off and she will get right in my face, do it on purpose and laugh. Argghhh... makes me wanna scream!!
Helpful - 0
Ugh it completely drives me crazy! Grinding teeth has always been one of my pet peeves. Figures that she would do it! Haha!
Helpful - 0
Quinn is 21 months and does it once in a while as well. I think she does it just to drive me nuts.... :)
Helpful - 0
My one year old does this too.  He is going to the dentist soon, so maybe he'll have some tips for us.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.