Grinding Teeth...

aubree has been grinding her teeth the last two days and its super annoying.. plus i don't know what it is doing to her teeth.. why is she doing this? and what can i do to make her stop?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My DD did this for about two weeks straight. I would distract her with something else or tell her to bite a chewy toy or stick her soother in. She just liked the sound of it. She also understood when I said "don't grind your teeth, icky" and she would grin and shake her head no that I knew she understood. It was a really short phase and she's stopped doing it so hopefully your little one will stop too.
Helpful - 0
I don't know but it can file her teeth down grinding them. Aries used to grind his teeth for the longest time and i couldn't get him to stop. The first time he went to the dentist the dentist could tell he was grinding his teeth because the enamel on his front teeth was filed down. Maybe you could call a dentist about it. Aries stopped when the dentist told him to or he would have to have work done on them. He hates having work done on his teeth so he stopped.
Helpful - 0
yeah thats exactly how many aubree has.. glad to hear that is normal.. and i hope she gets over it soon
Helpful - 0
Nothing, Jayden did this as well.  I think they just do it because it's a new sound.  Eventually he just stopped on his own.  I would just throw a pacifier in his mouth every time he would do it.  But as he grew more teeth in, he would just stop grinding.  It's only when he had the bottom 2 and the top 4 that he began to grind.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.