A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
165078 tn?1255610007

HCG Question - please help

I have a family member who's LMP was on 9/28.  On 11/9 her HCG was 8441 (Progesterone 14.4) then on 11/13 HCG down to 8190 (Progesterone 11.0) they put her on Progesterone at this time and yesterday HCG was 8764 (Progesterone 15.8) (the baby also had a heartbeat yesterday during a transvaginal u/s)- Her numbers went up but are not doubling - she is spotting but the baby has a heartbeat.  I am sooooo confused.  I thought I knew all about this HCG stuff.  My doctor was wonderful - her doctor is an idiot and is not returning calls.  It is the office staff who give her the numbers.  

Does anyone know what this can mean?
2 Responses
171768 tn?1324233699
once the hb is visible, hcg numbers aren't reliable. that's why my ob stops doing blood draws once we see the hb. So, so far she's doing well :)
165078 tn?1255610007
Thanks I am just so confused why the numbers jumped?  This would not mean anything was wrong with the baby would it?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.