Women's Health: Postpartum Community

HPV during pregnancy

Hi im six months now and i found out that i have genital warts i want to get rid of them but my doctor says no until i deliver, i've talked to other doctors and they say it's safe to do it now...how can i get rid of them?
depends on if there is any cervical dysplasia.  To get rid of the dysplasia they have to surgically excise the area that is affected.  I know in males the warts themselves can be treated with a cream.  Don't know how they remove internal warts.

HOpe that helps
I also have had genitial warts. I actually only had one and it was before I became pregnant. They basically used a type of acedic acid to burn it off. I know this sounds really scary, but it was not and I had only a small amount of discomfort. Genitial warts are actually not only an STD they can happen because of a virus in your body that gets triggered. This is what they thought happened with me, because I had been married several years when it first appeared and they usually don't lay in a dormant phase. I also tend to get alot of cold sores and these are trigger by the herpes simplex virus. The virus for the warts is very similar in nature. Also, if you do get it by intercourse then you would most likely have noticed it on your male partner. I actually have not had a breakout since then and that has been about 8 years ago. I do know that pregnancy makes them grow and it is dangerous to give a vaginal birth if you have an outbreak because it can be taken into the baby's mouth as they pass through and it can cause problems with the vocal cords.It can attach in the throat and cause damage. This was all explained to me by my OB, but since they never came out during pregnancy I was fine. I delivered him vaginally and he was not infected.
I read my post I wanted to make something a little more clear. HPV (Human Pampomilla (sp) Virus, which causes genitial warts) is a virus that can already be in your system. You can be a carrier like people who carry the Herpes Simplex virus. Lucky me I have both! :) Then it can be triggered sometime during your life. You can pass it to your partner if it is exposed during BD. I would suggest that you use protection with your partner, so you do not infect him also. If he was lucky he did not contract it while you were ttc. He may want to be tested just in case, because if you get yours under control and he has an outbreak he will simply give it right back to you.
I have read that the virus can actually lay dormant for years (pretty scary) and show up years later even though warts are not present.  The only way the virus can be contracted is my sexual contact and that can even include oral sexual contact.  If either partner has had sexual contact with anyone who has has the virus, gets the warts, gets rid of them, the virus remains dormant.  It may or may not ever show up again.  I have also read that the warts need to be gotten rid of before delivering vaginally or the risk of damage to the vocal cords.  If your doctor cannot give you a safe way to get rid of the warts, I would check into another doctor.  You can call the STD hotline and they can give you additional information.  I'm sorry that you have to go through this.  If you never had warts before, it is possible that your husband had it from previous sexual contact in his past.  Men don't often notice those things.  Especially warts can come and go without being noticed yet the virus still remains present.  If you and your husband both get treated NOW, there is a chance the virus could go into a dormant state and never come back rather than being passed back and forth.  Let us know how it goes.
HELLO.. I AM 6 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT. AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE TO GET TESTED FOR HPV. I AM DEVISTATED. MY BOYFRIEND AND I SPLIT UP AFTER 3 YEARS AND GOT BACK TOGETHER DEC 31ST 03. WELL COME TO FIND OUT HE SLEPT WITH A FEW PEOPLE WHILE WE WERE BROKEN UP AND IM AFRAID HE HAS GIVIN IT TO ME.. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME. I AM VERY CLEAN AND AM VERY CAREFUL OF WHO I WAS WITH IN THE PAST USING PROTECTION. DOES THIS MEAN IM GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A SECECTION NOW? I WANTED TO HAVE A NATURAL BIRTH. I AM JUST SO UPSET ITS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT 24/7. ON HOW DIRTY I FEEL :(... SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME
HELLO.. I AM 6 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT. AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE TO GET TESTED FOR HPV. I AM DEVISTATED. MY BOYFRIEND AND I SPLIT UP AFTER 3 YEARS AND GOT BACK TOGETHER DEC 31ST 03. WELL COME TO FIND OUT HE SLEPT WITH A FEW PEOPLE WHILE WE WERE BROKEN UP AND IM AFRAID HE HAS GIVIN IT TO ME.. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME. I AM VERY CLEAN AND AM VERY CAREFUL OF WHO I WAS WITH IN THE PAST USING PROTECTION. SO IM GUESSING THIS MEAN IM GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE A SECECTION NOW I WANTED TO HAVE A NATURAL BIRTH. I AM JUST SO UPSET ITS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT 24/7. ON HOW DIRTY I FEEL :(... SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME
As long as you don't have any warts present, you should be fine.  If there are warts, the doctor should treat them.  If they are completely gone before delivery, then you shouldn't need a C section.  This is what I read in OB/Gyn book that I have.  I would talk to your doctor about this.  I hope that your pegnancy goes well.  Ask Christ to forgive you and cleanse you from your past.  He will and then you won't have to feel so aweful and dirty.  As for the hpv virus going away, I am not sure about that, but the warts can be treated.  You can still have a healthy delivery.  I wish you the best.
I noticed I had genital warts about nine months ago.  At first it was just a couple and I was so freaked out I avoided looking down there for a month.  By that time there were a lot and they had spread to the inside of my vagina.  I went to a dermatalogist who examined them and told me they were, in fact, genital warts.  She prescribed me a cream (Aldara) which got rid of most of them after about a month.  I was not in a relationship at the time and had been with a few guys.  I insisted on condoms with any further partners I had, but because the warts could be felt I did not want to be touched and I avoided oral sex.  The embarassment caused more emotional trauma than anything.  I got pregnant three months later and they came back, but only for a short time.  The father did not develop any while we were together, though he knew I had them.  While I was getting intimate with a previous partner I noticed he had warts on the underside of his shaft.  I stopped immediately but did not communicate why.  I just want to stress that it is extremely important to look at your partner's genitals- be aware.  I have become content with the result of my bad decisions but they could have been avoided if I had only used protection.
to lovin mom well christ had nothing to do with mom2be geting hpv b/c my boyfriend and i are religious and we both have hpv and mom2be i know how you feel being scared and feeling dirty but just remember as long as you do the best you can to get rid of the warts and stay with the person you are with if you choose to do so than everything will be fine. HPV is very common and i've read that over 20 million persons have it so don't worry about it. b/c the reason i have mine is b/c my boyfriend and i broke up and we both slept with persons who we trusted to be clean and one of then oviously wasn't so it's not nessecarally your fault or your boyfriends fault i was the person who had HPV and didn't tell you or your b/f
hope this helps you
and congrats about your baby
i hope your excited b/c i know this is my first and I couldn't be more excited to meet my little guy
hope this helps you
and congrats about your baby
hope this helps you
and congrats about your baby
hope this helps you
and congrats about your baby