Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Hard time sleeping

So my baby is 1 week old & 2 days ...my question is how do put my baby to sleep duting the night if she been sleeping all day
6 Responses
Rock baby to sleep or go for a night time drive. It's hard work... but soon baby will adjust. You just have to work with baby and try to be patient. Sleep when baby sleeps.
1 Comments
Thanx yeah i try to sleep when baby sleeps but i have my in laws coming & going out of my room so i cant really go to sleep
Then tell them you are going to sleep. Ask if they can watch baby while you sleep. Take advantage of this.. it's not until the baby is past 6 months that you start getting sleep again.
1 Comments
Ok thanx...ill try
What I did was just rock him to sleep and sing to him
1 Comments
Awww ok rocking them & singing ana try singing to her
It'll likely be a while before your baby will get her nights and days sorted out. You can't expect a baby to know the difference between night and day as soon as they're born.
My daughter was all backwards when we come home from the hospital too, pediatrics suggested only letting her sleep in a bright room during the day and to try and keep her up an extra 15min when she got sleepy.
At night we started a calm routine and 3 days later the majority of her sleep was at night.
My pediatrician told us that newborns sleep a total of 18 hrs a day. So trying to keep them awake during the day will only make them overly tired and they will not sleep well at night. Just let them sleep when they sleep and eventually it works its way out! That's what we did with our first and it didn't take that long.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.