Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Hard time sleeping

So my baby is 1 week old & 2 days ...my question is how do put my baby to sleep duting the night if she been sleeping all day
Rock baby to sleep or go for a night time drive. It's hard work... but soon baby will adjust. You just have to work with baby and try to be patient. Sleep when baby sleeps.
Thanx yeah i try to sleep when baby sleeps but i have my in laws coming & going out of my room so i cant really go to sleep
Then tell them you are going to sleep. Ask if they can watch baby while you sleep. Take advantage of this.. it's not until the baby is past 6 months that you start getting sleep again.
Ok thanx...ill try
What I did was just rock him to sleep and sing to him
Awww ok rocking them & singing ana try singing to her
It'll likely be a while before your baby will get her nights and days sorted out. You can't expect a baby to know the difference between night and day as soon as they're born.
My daughter was all backwards when we come home from the hospital too, pediatrics suggested only letting her sleep in a bright room during the day and to try and keep her up an extra 15min when she got sleepy.
At night we started a calm routine and 3 days later the majority of her sleep was at night.
My pediatrician told us that newborns sleep a total of 18 hrs a day. So trying to keep them awake during the day will only make them overly tired and they will not sleep well at night. Just let them sleep when they sleep and eventually it works its way out! That's what we did with our first and it didn't take that long.