Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Has anyone took beta blockers early in pregnancy?

Hi everyone. I think I might be pregnant and i am on toprol xl ( a beta blocker) for tachycardia. Has anyone took this early in their pregnancy? If so did everything turn out okay? I am worried to death about this and am unsure if I should stop taking it. Thanks.
5 Responses
I took the same medicine when I was pregnant with baby #2.  It is fine to use. No problems!!
I also take Toprol XL 150mg. daily for Tachcardia and other rythym disturbances.
I am 42 and was thinking about becoming pregnant, but was wondering about this med, I do need this med, and can't stop it.
It seems around the time of ovulation up to my period begins my symptons are more numerous, I guess hormones have a play, but if I were to become pregnant would symptons be better, same or worse?
Worried Mama ... I'm going through the same thing.  Please email me so we can talk.  I'm just going into my second trimester and they REALLY want me to start on a beta blocker because of my rapid heart rate.  I was taking Toprol prior to pregnancy but stopped because of my concerns about the effects on the pregnancy.  Email me at ***@****  Thanks!
Worried Mama ... I'm going through the same thing.  Please email me so we can talk.  I'm just going into my second trimester and they REALLY want me to start on a beta blocker because of my rapid heart rate.  I was taking Toprol prior to pregnancy but stopped because of my concerns about the effects on the pregnancy.  Email me at ***@****  Thanks!
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I am taking Nadol which is also a beta blocker. My gyno said it was safe he said the only bad thing that would happen is my baby might be small.  But now my heart doctor wants me off of it all together so I'm freaking out at this point. I know my HR will increase since I've tried to stay off but when I don't take it it increases so quickly any info would be helpful
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.