A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Heartburn???

Good morning to everyone!
I am on my 17 week and started again with morning sickness! The symptoms were gone three weeks ago ... and noooooo... they came back.
Anyway, I have never ever had heartburn. I started to experience uncomfortable sensation in my throat... esophagus??? then I burp like crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy... it is so uncomfortable... are those symptoms of heartburn... sorry for being so ignorant.
What can I take... tums? I have an appointment on Wed. but maybe anyone already consulted this with her doctor.
Any hep/advice will be appreciated.
Thanks and have a restful Sunday.
4 Responses
i took a generic calcium carbonate antacid the entire pregnancy. fortunately that symptom disappeared immediately upon giving birth.
You will know when you have heart burn, it feels like your throat is on fire. It sounds like you may have some bad gas though.

For heartburn you can take Tums.
176741 tn?1295233989
Sounds to me like heartburn!  Try Tums, and as an added bonus for having to take them-try the Smooth Fruit flavors with Calcium.  I take two a day, heartburn or not, because they taste good and they are a good source of calcium.
134578 tn?1602101550
Liquid Mylanta always did the trick for me, and my heartburn was awful.  Doc said it was OK to take.  I kept it in the fridge so the thick minty liquid wouldn't be too noxious to drink (it's pretty thick).
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.