Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Heavy bleeding?

I'm on my third month of the pill, so I'm not sure if maybe this was caused from just starting the pill, but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Last month, at the end of my second week of hormones, I started breakthrough bleeding, which seems to happen to me all the time on the pill.  Within a few days, the spotting turned into what I like to call the worst period of my life- cramping, headaches, nausea, etc.  I bled very heavily: it was thick, clotty, etc.  I seriously have never bled like that before.  This lasted for about 13 days, and rarely- if ever- became a lighter flow.  It let up for like a day before I started my plecebo pills, when I started bleeding again for another two days, but it wasn't as heavy as the days previously, but still noticible and I had to wear tampons, etc.  My theory is that I had shed practically all my uterine lining, because God, it was heavy.  

At this time, I had been worrying that I was pregnant, despite the fact I always have protected sex (I was mostly worried about fooling around and precum getting on me and miraculously impregnating me).  I would have been about two weeks along when this happened, and now I'd be six weeks along if I was actually pregnant.  If I had been pregnant at the time, is it possible I could still be after a 13 day heavy flow like that?  I'm not noticing any other symptoms of pregnancy, except sensitive nipples (due to the pill, I've gotten that every month) and nausea if I don't take my pill with a meal.
Sounds exactly like a miscarriage to me.  I would definitly say if you were pregnant, you are no longer pregnant.  I just recently miscarried over 12 days and it went exactly as you just described.  I would definitly visit your doctor.  An HcG level would tell if you were pregnant.  I'd also go just to be checked out just to be sure everything passed if you did miscarry. I have never been on the pill so I don't know about any of that.  I was almost 8 weeks when I miscarried and I don't know if you'd bleed that much at only 2 weeks along- then again I think you are counting wrong you start counting the 1st day of your last period and are usaully 3 weeeks or more when you find out you are pregnant, if you were only "2 weeks pregnant"  then you really werent even pregnant yet.  I hope you understand what I mean. I was really confused at first too.  Anyway, chances are if you were pregnant you were farther along than you think.  Go see your doctor just to be on the safe side! Good luck.