Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help I don't know what is going on!!!

I had my last period on 12/25 and it lasted 5 days.  Then on Dec. 27 I started spotting/bleeding not enough to fill a pad or liner but I wore one just in case.  That went on for 4 days.  During those 4 days I would have cramping on my right side close to my pelvic bone.  It would last for a few seconds and it only happened twice, but I decided to go the urgent care.  Even though I told them I had my cycle on the 25 they took a pregnancy test and it came back positive.  They also took blood work my HcG level came back at 410.  The doctor said that it was low and that I was possible having a miscarriage.  A ultrasound was performed and they saw that a cyst had ruptured and then that there was one that was 1/8 on my ovary.  The doctor could not tell me why I was bleeding or what the pain was from just gave me a prescription of vicodin.  I did not take it because after I left the pain had stopped and has not returned but now I am having a tan stringy discharge kind of looks like mucus.  I am so worried.  I was not trying to get pregnant but if I am it would be a blessing.  We had practically gave up because I was told that I could not get pregnant without assistance.  I don't want to get my hopes up if I actually did have a miscarriage but I did go home and take about 7 HPT.  Has this ever happen to anyone?  Should I just take the doctors word that I had a miscarriage?  Should I follow up with my doctor?  Is there any hope that I am still pregnant?
2 Responses
1794093 tn?1357930759
if you can get to your Dr and see what your hCG levels are to check that they are infact decreasing it would give you a better idea of what is going on... i think that would be the best way to confirm a MC or see if you are maintaining pregnancy... definitely go to your Dr anyway as it should get confirmed if you are MCing to make sure its a healthy MC and everything gets properly expelled and if you are preggers then you need to have proper prenatal care... good luck and i have my fingers crossed! take care!
Thank you for replying just wanted to let you know I went ahead and saw my OB/GYN did more test HCG went from 410 on 1/5 to 2702 on 1/12.  I have to go in for more blood work tomorrow.  My fingers are still crossed that everything is okay.  This is my first time so I am driving myself and my husband crazy.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.