Help I don't know what is going on!!!

I had my last period on 12/25 and it lasted 5 days.  Then on Dec. 27 I started spotting/bleeding not enough to fill a pad or liner but I wore one just in case.  That went on for 4 days.  During those 4 days I would have cramping on my right side close to my pelvic bone.  It would last for a few seconds and it only happened twice, but I decided to go the urgent care.  Even though I told them I had my cycle on the 25 they took a pregnancy test and it came back positive.  They also took blood work my HcG level came back at 410.  The doctor said that it was low and that I was possible having a miscarriage.  A ultrasound was performed and they saw that a cyst had ruptured and then that there was one that was 1/8 on my ovary.  The doctor could not tell me why I was bleeding or what the pain was from just gave me a prescription of vicodin.  I did not take it because after I left the pain had stopped and has not returned but now I am having a tan stringy discharge kind of looks like mucus.  I am so worried.  I was not trying to get pregnant but if I am it would be a blessing.  We had practically gave up because I was told that I could not get pregnant without assistance.  I don't want to get my hopes up if I actually did have a miscarriage but I did go home and take about 7 HPT.  Has this ever happen to anyone?  Should I just take the doctors word that I had a miscarriage?  Should I follow up with my doctor?  Is there any hope that I am still pregnant?
if you can get to your Dr and see what your hCG levels are to check that they are infact decreasing it would give you a better idea of what is going on... i think that would be the best way to confirm a MC or see if you are maintaining pregnancy... definitely go to your Dr anyway as it should get confirmed if you are MCing to make sure its a healthy MC and everything gets properly expelled and if you are preggers then you need to have proper prenatal care... good luck and i have my fingers crossed! take care!
Thank you for replying just wanted to let you know I went ahead and saw my OB/GYN did more test HCG went from 410 on 1/5 to 2702 on 1/12.  I have to go in for more blood work tomorrow.  My fingers are still crossed that everything is okay.  This is my first time so I am driving myself and my husband crazy.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community