Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Help with MS, symptoms in early pregnancy

Good morning.  I am happily 8 weeks pregnant after a MC last fall.  We have correct dating US with 160 hb so the doctor has told us that the risk of MC is now less than 5 percent, so very optimistic.

I'm hoping, however, that some of you might be able to help sort out relief for some of my morning sickness symptoms.

I've always been a good, healthy eater and could eat virtually anything without upsetting my stomach, never had heartburn or indigestion, nothing.

I am suffering with MS, but also have lovely constipation and seem to feel some relief when I am able to burp (sorry TMI).  On top of it, I have this horrendous taste in my mouth -- not metallic, but like morning breath -- but all the time.  Some have mentioned this is acid reflux, although I don't seem to have any heartburn to speak of.

I'm just not sure which way to turn and I don't want to be taking a bunch of stuff for relief, but am virtually non-functioning right now.

Any thoughts?  Should I try acid reflux med, gas X med, constipation med?  Any ideas?

I would appreciate any help, thoughts, ideas.  I would rather suffer through than do anything to harm the baby, but would love to try anything safe that might bring some relief.

FYI -- I have cut back on PNV per doc to see if that helps.  Too soon to tell...

Thanks Ladies!!
4 Responses
I have severe MS too...and because I have been vomiting everyday, the doctor told me to take 1 b6 vitamin and and a otc med called unisom...it is a sleep tablet and supposed to split in half and take it twice a day...it didin't want to take anything either...but the doctor said I had to...and I am also constipated...so the doctor told me to get the otc stool softner called colace ( generic is fine) that made me feel a lot better...

anyways congrats on the preggo and hope this helps
I take ENO.  its a natural friut salt and it really helps with heartburn, sour stomach etc.  I get it in a Indian grocery but you may be able to find it in a regular store.  Also I drink seltzer...bubbles make me happy and it helps me burp.  Oh and I have found that chewing fruity gum helps with nausea and sickening smells.
164559 tn?1233711618
The yucky taste is cause by hormones.  I would try to ignore it.  I had it until about 5.5 months  I wouldn't take any meds unless you clear it with your doc.  You definitely do not need reflux meds, acid reflux feels like a heart attack, it can be hard to breathe so you will know it if it hits.

Most MS will pass on its own in a few weeks.  If you are losing weight and vomiting constantly you should talk to your doctor and there are some excellent drugs you can take.

Some home remedies:

Eat several small meals a day, never let your tummy get completely empty.

Sea Bands

Ginger Tea

Ginger Ale

Saltines in bed before you rise.

Good luck, it really should pass soon.
Uggghhh, I hate the yucky taste thing!!   I had ms really bad up until last week, I am 11 wks 4days.  I lost 7 lbs and I am now able to eat a bit.  I had to get on meds because I was throwing up everything I put down.  The only thing that sort of helped was fresh fruit and veggies.  It was the only food I found that would not leave a horrible taste in my mouth.  Anything I ate like crackers or anything with sugar would leave a bad after tatse for hours.
For some reason I have a really hard time drinking water still?!?!  There is no taste to it but I cant get it down.
Trust me it will end soon, but be grateful you have it.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.