Here we go AGAIN...

DS  is still having some difficulty breathing...and this evening is the first day without any steroids...he just want me to hold him, won't sleep..wants to be held in an upright position...definitely wants his soother...he has both eye teeth coming out so that doesn't help...has a slight fever..101...i feel so helpless...this is the most unease he has ever been at and it just breaks my heart...tonight will probably be a sleepless night...would running a hot shower and putting him in the bathroom with the steam help or make it worse? I gave him some tempra for his teeth and fever earlierive been trying to prop him up as much as i can for him to sleep.also putting him on his side.. anything else you think would help...i just want to put him in bed with me....but im always so terrified of co-sleeping:(
Why are you terrified of co-sleeping? If your heart is telling you to do that, I think you should. He needs you right now. Of course, if there are issues I don't know about---such as you are an extremely deep sleeper, etc. then that's different.
But if not, I think both you and he would feel better together!!!:)
I hope he feels better soon!! And hopefully you don't have to go back to the E.R.
It takes some time to get over, are you nebbing him?  That will help open up his airway, and I have found my Cam likes to be held too when he's not feeling well.  I would hang in there and keep him comfy, give him some Motrin for his teeth and check with your Dr. in the am.  I think the fever while low, is a little high for teeth.  If he's not doing better he may need an antibiotic too or a little more steroid.  Cam had pneumonia again and it's been almost 2 weeks, he's still nebbing and the cough is coming back.  I feel for you, just hug him lots and spoil him.  As for co-sleeping, I sleep in a chair with Cam upright, or I let him snuggle in bed with me.  They need to be coddled some, but it's not right for everyone, so do what you are comfortable with.  If he gets really bad, take him in, good luck.
thanks ladies he FINALLY fell asleep with me in bed at 12 or so last night...all he did was cry which made it worse with breathing right...and this morning he is much better...he is happy, smiles, etc...obviously night time makes it worse...I hope tonight it gets better..i feel comfortable having him sleep with me but im scared that A) I'll roll over on him..B) he'll always wanna sleep with me(especially since he has been TERRIFIED of his bed for  the past 3 weeks now...im trying to wonder if this has happened to him before and I didn't know???about him loosing his breathe because I won't even have him above the bar and there he goes crying like murder cries..its sad and i dont know what to do..hence why I put the playpen in the living room and see how he does with that...so far its been decent..and hopefully i can put him back in his bed soon...) or C) be in a deep sleep that I won't hear him..

I have heard the slightest movements being 2 rooms away so i guess its a good thing..I get my full rest and he will wake me up if need be...

As wierd as this might sound I dont know what nebbing means.. I'm french so some words i suppose aren't really in my dictionary lol...mind you i am bilingual 100% but i guess you learn something new everyday...
Glad he's feeling better.  I have found my boys get worse at night.  My Cam has had his bad cough back, he got up and kept me up half the night.  Nebbing is the breathing treatment, short for nebulizer.  I was assuming your Dr. had him on something like that, with RSV it can help keep the airways open, also with a reactive airway.  I have mine going pretty much daily.  Poor kiddos, they do outgrow it though, my first one did, just takes time.  Have a good night!
hes still having a lil difficulty.. if this keeps up i will bring him into the pedi...the dr has never given him a nebulizer..i dont know why.. i do however tap his back around his lungs and put him sorta on his belly he does spit up alot of phlem/mucous stuff...which is nice for him...the dr at the ER said that if it keeps repeating itself they should really look more into it because it could be something else? he said often its hard in young babies but to diagnose asthma?? he said bronchitis/rsv often mimics asthma and rsv usually will happen under the age of 2..if he is over the age of 2 and it continues to happen then...i guess thats when they will run more tests.. im just so confused...he loves sleeping sproped up.. like in his swing or him his carseat or with me hes proped by pillows...would it be dangerous if i put a pillow in with him at 8 months??

i hope your little cam gets better soon.. i really feel for you.. my little cam doesnt sound nearly as worse as yours...
I think they all sound bad at this age.  You're right, they generally don't diagnose asthma under 2, but bronchiolitis is a sign and the RSV is a virus, but some little ones get it worse.  I know Cam gets even a tummy bug and it goes right to his lungs, which is weird.   He sees a specialist for his breathing, but Carson was a bad breather too, maybe not as much as Cam, but he had RSV and pneumonia too a couple times.  It was awful and scary, I'm a little more calm this time around, but still am exhausted and scared when it hits.   It's the main reason I kept Carson in our room till he was 1 and why I kept Cam with me for so long.  Even now when his breathing is bad I don't leave his side.  I couldn't say about the pillow, he's still little and they say no to them, but maybe a firm one.  Nothing that he could sink into with his little face.  I'm still scared to do it.  Cam doesn't even get a blankie yet.  I also do the back thing, I place his belly across my knees and rub and pat his back, always have and it helps to break up the crud.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.