Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Hi there, still hanging on in here!

Hi guyz,
Just thought I'd let you know I got so fed up with all the conflicting advice I was getting from different doctors at my hospital, when I went for my appointment last Thurs I decided to put my foot down and ask exactly what was going on and exactly what was the plan.  Was the placenta out of the way enough to have a vaginal delivery, or not, was the baby breach or not, had my amniotic fluid been leaking or not.  Well I got a real nice Consultant who actually scanned me himself and apologised for all the confusion, and he could see how I'd become stressed with all the varying information I had been given, but thankfully the placenta is now out of the way enough to have a normal birth, head, though not engaged is pointing downwards, and i have a reasonable amount of fluid anyway, plus best of all he said that he won't allow me to go past 3rd August or be late delivering the baby, and I have to go into hospital (if I haven't already had baby) early in the morning of 3rd August to have my membranes swept? so as to start me off naturally.  That was real good news, so at least I have a date to work towards.

Happi - have you had your little 'un yet, you were due 3rd August too, any news anyone? There were a few others as well and we were due around the same time, hope you are all well.
Best wishes

Gillian XXXX
How exciting.  By the end of next week you should hopefully be holding your little one.  Get plenty of rest these next couple days because once that baby is here YOU GET NO MORE!!!!!!!!!  Get back when you can to give us the details.  Good Luck to you.  Hope it goes quickly and safe.
I'm so excited for you!  I haven't been on for awhile so I've missed if you know what you are having and if you've got names picked out yet??
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can