I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost two in the past 6 month (I was 5 weeks with the first and 6 1/2 weeks with the second). I too had problems getting my levels to drop after the first one. Sometimes they will do a D&C if they think that all the remains haven't been expelled (one reason for your levels to remain high) or in my case we never found a sac or anything and thought it was a miscarriage but after my second (ectopic) we found out that the first was also ectopic and I had to take the methotrexate shot to make my levels drop. Those are the only two options I know of other than just giving it some time. If your doctor doesn't think the levels are dropping fast enough he/she might suggest the meth shot.
Thank you for your advice. This is actually my second misscarriage to. My first was in February. I am sorry to hear about your loss as well and even though I would never wish a miscarriage on even my worst enemy it is nice to know that there are other people out there that know what I'm feeling. I've actually already had the D&C, but I didn't know about the shot. I guess I'll find out next week.
Once againg thanks!
My first ectopic I had a D&C too. A week later my levels still weren't dropping enough to make my dr. happy so I ended up having the meth shot a week later and that made things progress much faster. It was nice because I was able to finally move on and get past it. Feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to. It is SO nice knowing there's people out there who are going through or have gone through what we have. This forum is a great site with very knowledgeable ladies!! I think you'll like it. I've been coming here since Oct. when I first started having problems and had questions that my friends and family had no idea about! :) Take care and good luck to you! I'm in the 2WW and 8 DPO!! :)
a Brief history,
I had 2 healthy pregnancies in 1992 & 1994 had my tubes tied in 95,
tubes untied in Sept 2007, 1st + hpt Dec31,2007
1st Miscarriage a week later
2nd+hpt March 2008/ miscarriage a week later ( at around 3-4 weeks)
3rd +hpt may2008/ M/c a week later(3-4 weeks)
4th + HPT sept 2009/M/C week later( 4 wks)
after 4th M/c Dr says next pregnancy test you get that is + we are starting you on lovenaux( blood thinner injection in my belly daily)as through the testing it shows I am clotting.
Jan 14th + HPT start blood thinners same day
for 4 days, when 17th I started spotting, went to hospital and did blood test and ultrasound , doesn't show a sac...DR says probably to early to tell. @ days later ( still taking blood thinners ) Dr calls himself and says stop taking blood thinners your numbers are going up but not doubling as I would expect, which is a good sign your having an ectopic, I was then scheduled for an ultrasound 3 days from then.
2 days from then I went into hospital with pain and bleeding...they admitted me and the next Morning they had me go to the normally scheduled ultrasound and still they couldn't see anything so were even more sure it was ectopic. I went in for surgery, Dr says he removed " Something" it was have in my tube and have out, at the very end of my tube...so what he did remove he sent for testing,a Dr said I would expel the rest naturally.
I stayed in the hospital for 3 days and was home for 2 then I had to go back in hospital for blood work to make sure my hcg levels were down, he called me today and said that I was still showing as pregnant and my levels were as they should be. I am to go for an ultrasound in 4 days...
Can anyone Shed some light????? Any Ideas?
Pregnant or not pregnant?? this is the question.
went for my Ultrasound, Can't see anything yet, number still going up. not @ 5000 yet( they are slow rising)
tomorrow @ ultrasound if numbers are over 5000 Doc figures we will either see something or will have to do a D&C....please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Ok, so I am totally and utterly confused. I found out I was pregnant on the 20th of March. That same day I had bleeding, and was told to keep off of my feet. The following day, the bleeding started again and I had cramping so off I went to the hospital. They checked my HCG levels and told me that they were lower and that the pregnancy was probably not viable, and made an appt for an ultrasound the following Tuesday. However...I had to return to the hospital on Sunday with heavier cramping and they called in the OBGYN who said I was miscarrying, and gave me a shot of Rhogam because my blood type is negative. I had a D & C the next day. I suffered all week long with severe cramping, bleeding, and a little fever. I was told this was to be expected. However, I had my follow up appointment with the OBGYN yesterday and he told me that there was no evidence of a miscarriage, and that I was probably REALLY early in my pregnancy. I told him I was still cramping and bleeding and he examined me, after which he sent me for HCG level testing. They called me today and told me that my HCH levels were higher than my last batch of blood work, and so I have to have them repeated on the 3rd of April. The OBGYN suggested that it may be an ectopic pregnancy...my question is, am I pregnant or not? Why have they not decided to do an ultrasound? I know the OBGYN knows what he is doing, but my god, to have to go through all of this? I had to drop out of this semester of university because of the emotional and stressful problems due to all of this. I am 24 years old, young woman, first pregnancy...and so confused, hurt and no matter all the support in the world from my boyfriend, I don't know what to think. I just want all of this to be over. What would be the chance of a miracle and I still be pregnant? :S
So, I had a so called Normal pregnancy but had a miscarriage 7wks in and had a D+C done.its been about 3wks and my hcg levels should have been pretty close to Zero however I went to the ER for heavy bleeding and they found my levels at 156,000 my doctor is stumped bc he's never seen this before in a regular pregnancy that ended with a D+C. Can anyone shed some light?
Hi can anybody help, me and my boyfriend went for our scan on the 26th of July this year. We were so excited as it was our first pregnancy. At the scan the midwife said that unfortunately it was bad news, and that there was no heartbeat and that the baby it looked like had stopped growing early on although my sac was 9 weeks and still growing! After much deliberation me and my partner decided I should take the tablet we were advised I should take that would stop my hormones and induce labour to expell the pregnancy. This has been the hardest time and I have not been coping very well =( I bled for about a week. It has been just under 3weeks now and I'm still having to wear pads as I have a browny yellow discharge all day and have done for about a week now. When I visited the doctor last friday he did a pregnancy test and was confused as it came up positive? I was told to have bloods taken that day and later the next week to check my hormone levels. It is now thursday and had my second blood test today so will have to wait untill monday for the doctor to tell me what is going on. I noticed on the pathology slip it stated that my HCG was 4721 u/l?? I was so devastated to come away from our scan upset with no baby, and just want it all to end. Why is my hormone still so high? Could I be pregnant again so soon? Or should I be concerned that it is something more serious? xx