Women's Health: Postpartum Community

High Progesterone Level=Pregnant?

A little history...I have been on Clomid for the past 5 months.  I started at 50 mg and had my progesterone level checked at month 3, where I was only at .5 ng.  My doctor increased my dosage to 100 mg and had my progesterone level checked again, which is where we are now.

I called to get my test results and was told that my progesterone level is at 50.3 ng, which may indicate pregnancy.  I was told to take a home pregnancy test, which I took 2 and both read negative.  

I was wondering if high level of progesterone is a definate indication to pregnancy or could it be caused by other reasons?  Also, if it indicates preganacy, why does both my tests read negative?

I'd appreciate any information.....

progesterone always rises after you have ovulated, it will drop a day before you get your cycle, if you are late there is a good chance you are PG, not every ones gets a + right away, maybe you ovulated late causing the egg to implant later then expected , if you are a week or so late it should come up, a blood test is always more accurate if its early =)

good luck
Thanks for your answer.  I suppose to start my period today but I'm not always regular so I'll wait and take another test in a couple of days.
good luck, and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
High progesterone level doesn't indicate pregnancy. My progesterone was 140.9 this month, which gave me a huge hope. But unfortunately, i am having my period again:(