How can I stop the spread of a stomach virus?

lfb
My DH is really sick with a stomach virus.  He started vomitting this morning and has been doing it all day.  My kids are not at home with him, but my son slept with us last night.  Does anyone have any ideas on stopping it from spreading to the kids?  We will sleep upstaires tonight and stay away from him as much as possible, but I am still concerned.  I am a teacher and next week is the last week of school.  I cannot deal with my kids or me getting a stomach virus right now!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Impeccable hand washing or liberal use of hand sanitizer, washing dishes in really hot, soapy water.  

It may be too late, though.  Those things often spread like wildfire, before you even feel sick.

Hope no one else gets it!
Helpful - 0
Usually you are contagious before you even have any symptoms. Wash hands frequently and don't use the same bathroom if possible. Good luck and I hope you don't all get it! :(
Helpful - 0
Pray!  That thing is a nightmare. My boyfriend got it and it did not spead to us but when my godson got it the entire family who even looked at him those few days ended up sick.

That is the worst.  good luck
Helpful - 0
I'd also Lysol everything and every place where DH has been- especially the bathroom and door handles. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Not much you can do besides what everyone has already said.  Every strand seems to be different. Sometimes everyone gets it but about 3 weeks ago, I got it and no one else did.  I'm freaking out about the same thing because my hubby is a fireman and we went to the station to see him tonight and little did we know, 2 of them went home with the stomach flu today and another one had it all day yesterday. UGH......my kiddos are just getting over Adenovirus and the last thing we need is the stomach bug on top of it. I will be praying and praying that no one gets it here and that no one gets it at your house either!  Good Luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.