Women's Health: Postpartum Community

How do you know if you are leaking amniotic fluid slowly?

Last night a couple of times when I woke up my shorts were wet. It was not discharge and it wasn't sweat. Could it be amniotic fluid or could I be leaking urine in my sleep??  I hate to call the doctor because I call all the time!! Please help!!
Actually I had that last month remember and I waited before calling the doctor and he got mad at me.  I did not panic because I had the doppler and knew the baby was ok.  So do call - just to help you relax I am sure you are fine.

I went in and had lots of clear discharge - he even said I shoudl have been concerned that I was not nuts but that it was not the fluid.  They check it right there and tell you withing seconds.

Now to the more gross part.  We are both the same amount along and this week has been really heavy on the fluids.  This morning especially.  And it does say in the book that you get an increase in discharge in the third trimester so I am sure that is what it is but still call your doctor.
I remember that you had to go in. I really don't want to call because I went in last week for the swelling-I feel like I call all the time. I have been fine today, no leaking. Do you still think I should call??
I've kinda been having a lot for some time now.  Sometimes I change my panty liner 3 times in one day.  Sorry tmi, I know.
If your worried, I'd say call your dr.  That's what we pay them for :-)
I have been reading and it says if it smells like ammonia then it is probably urine leakage. It did smell  like ammonia, so I guess I am now leaking urine! YEAH!! :)  
Don't you wish sometime you married a doctor... lol.

I know with Marcus I had no problems... then my second was a miscarriage at 11 weeks and now this one is totally different.

I've been bleeding almost weekly since 11 weeks, had my first ever UTI, my cervical mucus is an odd colour (don't ask.. nurse said some women have a green tinge... ya right, do you?) I've had constant tightening, or the feeling that I have an extremely hard shelled belly. Last night my lower back hurt so much I could barely walk or get off the couch. Going to the chiropractor helped a little but it took a while for it to feel better. Today I'm fine. Oh, and I've already started dropping.

The wonders of being with child...
Thank God for this website that we can share our stories with.
hello again !yeah it sounds like urine , i did leak fluid from about 34 weeks untill the water broke at 38 weeks . the only way to tell is as you say urine smells amonia fluids is sweet. good luck x x