How do your Babies crawl??

So I was watching Ethan's little wiggly butt squirm across the floor and I thought he moved really funny.  It is like his belly is stuck on the floor (low profile like) and his arms and legs move like climbing up a ladder...or maybe how a quick bug would scurry?!?!  But when he sneaks up on things like the dog he crawls on all fours (like a real baby), but does it very slowly.  So I know he can do it, but I guess he thinks he moves faster the other way.  How do your babies crawl?  Did they start out this way then go to the traditional baby crawl??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ethan will quiver his lips when we kissed them then shiver...like ewwww gross!  And he also does the arch back. When I pick him up...I have only gotten hugs once...4 big ones!  Yes I counted!  LOL!  But he is starting to lean toward me with his arms open when he wants me hold him...my heart melts when he does that!
Helpful - 0
That's funny about the hugging and kissing....LOL

Jake is the same way.  

We'll go to hug him good bye at daycare and he arches his back and screeches....LOL with his mouth all crooked.....

He'll hug and kiss at night though or when we pick him up....
Helpful - 0
addison uses her left foot too push her and her hands to pull on her tummy. but she can stand up and even takes a few steps go figure lol.  my niece rolled everywhere that was funny.  yes i miss that baby stage where they lay down and let you love on them.  Addy loves to be kissed just in a sitting position haha.
Helpful - 0
My DH will probably only want to go for one more, so I was thinking once Ethan was 2 or so, then I can experience a baby again.  We would really want a girl...so maybe if we had another boy, I might have more leverage for a third...haha.  But I think we would probably adopt at that point...which I would love to do regardless!
Plus I feel robbed, Ethan was never the baby type...I swear he came out a toddler!  The day he was born he was holding his head up, he was smiling within a couple of days, now he is crawling, then he will be talking.  So I feel like I never had a baby...like I gave birth to a 4 month old...and he hates to be hugged or kissed.  I just want a baby that loves me...LOL!
Helpful - 0
I hear ya!!!!  I'm not done sowing my mothering oats yet either!!!

I really wanted to go for 3 in Oct....but I need a break....I had 4 pregnancies since Feb 2006....I'm pretty sure we will wait until this time next year....

I just can't imagine being pregnant again in the next 2 months....I want to experience my kids.  My DD is at such a great age....and the last pregnancy was a total nightmare....

But I got my fun loving boy out of it....Well worth it.
Helpful - 0
How cute is that!  I would really love to have two...we will just have to wait to see how hubby feels in a 1 1/2 years or so.  Right now he is leaning towards one...but I told him I havent sowed my mothering oats yet.  LOL!  He'll come around!  
Helpful - 0
Yep - I know that is why Jake does the monkey crawl....He wants to walk so badly but is really shakey on his feet.

But the monkey walk is the fastest way to big sister...they race around the house....as fast as they can chasing each other.....

I just love having 2 (now I'm out of the infant stage)...LOL
Helpful - 0
Oh my gosh, I love all the crawl styles.  That would be too funny if he did the butt scoot.  I have heard of it, but never have seen it in action.  And Deanne, the monkey crawl is hilarious.  Ethan will probably do that because he wants to walk so babdly, but just doesnt have the balance to do it.  He is getting good with the standing then plopping down on his butt.  He use to go sideways or backward..now it is much safer!
We are getting wood floors at the end of this month so it will be interesting to see what he adapts to.  On our tile floors he crawls even funnier because I think it is harsh on his knees...so I feel bad, but our carpet is getting trashed and it is time to get something that will last and easier to clean!
Helpful - 0
My boy crawled doing it military style for a long time.  belly on floor, pushing off with feet and using his forearms...

Then he finally got up on his knees and does all fours 50% of the time and a monkey crawl the rest - walking on his feet, butt in the air and using his hands to move.
Helpful - 0
My son crawls on all fours but it took him a while until he wanted to crawl.  He was 8 months.  Ethan is young for crawling so maybe he's not strong enough to hold himself all the time.  He's fine though, every baby crawls differently.  I don't think it's anything to worry about.  I heard some babies even crawl on their hands and feet.  
Helpful - 0
My Son also did the army crawl, that was my source of entertainment for months. He didn't crawl on all fours until he was basically walking, the army crawl just seemed to work faster. My sisters baby "crawled" on his butt. He would sit indian style and the move his legs in and out scooting across the floor, it was so funny. He never crawled any other way. They have wood floors so that just seemed to be easiest.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.