Women's Health: Postpartum Community

How long did it take any of you to get pregnant after having a D

I had my surgery on 8/20/05 and I have waited 3 months like the doc told me too? Now I have been trying to conceive and has not had any luck yet? A friend told me if I get back on the pills for a little while then stop taking them that I will get preg. Have any of u all heard of that before?
I had a D&C 8/26/05 and my dr told me to wait one cycle. We did and I am still trying. Month #5 of ttc. I am BBt charting, so I recommend that if you aren't already. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. I don't think the starting and stopping bcp would be a good idea. Good Luck and baby dust.
Hi Ladies,
I had my D&C Dec. 20th, waited one cycle to try again. No luck this month. I have been so obsessed with the idea since my m/c, we did everything "right". I really believe the more you obsess on it the harder it is going to be! You can make yourself (along with everyone else) nuts! I have heard so many say "it happened when we stopped trying".

You can stress yourself out of being pregnant.  There is truth to that, soooo my advice to you all and myself is to relax, enjoy your DH and when your body is ready it will let it happen.

Best of luck and baby dust********to all!
M
I had a d&c in november and have been trying to get pregnant but for some reason, it's not happening for me either.  I am very disappointed. I was a 28day cycle chic and ever since the surgery, my first af arrived at 35 days, my second af arrived at 30 days.  I thought that I would have started by 28th day (assuming my body is going back to norm) but haven't started.  I should be getting it today as today is the 30th day.  I took a pg test and it was -.  I have been cramping since tuesday as if af is arriving but hasnt shown up.  I am so bummed.  I think it might come even later now...
Like you, I was a 28 day cycle before d&c with always getting cm on the 14 day so I knew exactly when I was O.  My cycles are all different now too. It is so frustrating.  DH and I BD every other day until I get AF because I have no idea when O will come.
It is very frustrating because i knew exactly when i ovulated too which was at day 14.  That surgery sure changed my whole body.  I should be starting at today and I am just waiting for her to show her ugly self, lol..
;)  I just hope we all get out BFP's soon, this waiting period is so driving me crazy.
Im as frustrated as you all are but I said it before and I'll say it again, It will happen when your body is ready...
Has anyone had different af's since d&c besides me and brewtus??
Thanks mammasita, it will happen soon for us all.  
Thanks for the well-wishes, Brewtus. I am hoping this peanut sticks too! I am wishing you lots and lots of baby dust. My cycles were messed up after d&c too. Before m/c I had a 34 day cycle. It took 5.5 weeks to get 1st af and then my next cycle was 28 days. So the cycle after that I assumed was going to be another 28 days and so DH and I bd based on O around CD14 and then around CD 20 I started getting O pain and ewcm and so I used an OPK and sure enough I got my surge and we bd 3 days in a row. Also, this month I used preseed and I will swear by it.
I am so happy for you, I hope all goes well!!
All I can do is keep trying, my cycles have not yet gone back to norm but I have lots of hope and faith that it will happen soon!
;)
I had a d&c on Jan 3 and got my first af on Feb 8.  Dh and I are TTC now.  I don't know how long it will take since every one is different.  I had +OPK on Wed and Thur but my temp remains low.  So we will keep bding every other day until my temp rises.
Lots of baby dust to all TTCers!
I had my d&c at 10.5 weeks on Nov. 8/05. I got my first AF dec. 14, 2nd af Jan.12 & BFP Feb.11/06!!!!!!! I have heard so many docs say to wait 3 cycles and others who say to ttc right away or just wait for 1 af. My doc said it was up to me. Best of luck on ttc and lots of baby dust*****************
CONGRATULATIONS!  I don't get on her much except every once in awhile to check to see if you're pregnant.  I guess since we had our d&c on the same day, I am always curious to how you are doing.  Best of luck to you in this pregnancy.  Keep us posted!
My cycles were longer after my D&C 8/26/05. DH and I are in month #5 of ttc since then. But my cycles have started to even out at about 30-32 days. I also started Vitex this cycle. Don't be so discouraged this soon. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Baby Dust to you!
Thanks for the input stephd!
;)
Thanks luv-babies, you all really help me feel positive.
Thank you all so so much for your input!
;)
Are you charting BBT or anything?
What is preseed?  I have heard it mentioned before
That's all it is...waiting.  I think I'm going to change my last name to WAIT.  We wait for AF, wait for ewcm so we can O, we wait two weeks so we can POAS(pee on a stick, we then wait for BFP which may result in neg. and then the waiting starts all over...LOL!
Baby dust to all the WAITING SISTERS out there!!!
Hi ladies.  I had a D&C procedure on 8/31/05.  After waiting the 3 months, we had been trying to conceive for a couple of months and no luck.  Finally, this month I got pregnant. My only problem is that now my HCG level is not as high as it should be. I am taking it easy at home.  But dont go on birth control pills or any pills for that matter, it will happen naturally. Your body will heal itself and do as its supposed to do. If you would have never conceived that is one thing, but I think you should wait.  Here is what my husband and I did, we purchased an ovulation kit and to our surprise the first month we used it we got pregos. The Dr wanted me on Chlomyd(hormome pill) but I had already gotten pregos when I was supposed to start it. Good Luck and do a prayer once a night for God's help.  I am praying that this time we can have a successful pregnancy.
No I haven't charted yet.  I used to be lucky enough to see when I was ovulating and honestly,  i'm not sure if i have even o'd the past two months.  My bb's used to hurt soon after I o'd and since the surgery, they have not hurt once.   Could I not be ovulating? I'm so afraid to think that, it really scares me..
OMG, that is so true!!
I think I might just change mine too, lol...
;)
I used to get a lot of ewcm (egg white cervial mucus) when I O, but after the surgery, nothing. I started to BBT chart and I am really glad I did. That is the only 100% sure way to know that you O'd. Where are you in your cucle? I started on like cd8 or something last month. Right now I am 8dpo. I strongly suggest BBT charting, it can help you find out if something is wrong early on. And if you have problems getting pregnant, you have that to show your dr. Good Luck!
Waiting is the WORST! Good time to go for long walks, take up a new sport/hobby, Go to Hawaii...