How long does a toddlers yeast infection last?

ALOHA from Kauai,Hawaii! My 19 month old has a yeast infection. Our doctor prescribed clotrimatozle 1. It looked as if it went away. But now she's got it again. How long does a toddlers yeast infection last? She's in pain when it's time to change and doesn't want to be cleaned. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My dd went through a yeast infection, it took about two days for it to clear up.  She was on oral medication called Nystatin, 3 x a day. It worked well.  Does you dd take bubble baths?  If so you may want to consider not leeting her have the bubbles and make shorter baths.  Myy dd loves her baths, but I can't let her play as long as she would like.  Also, don't use any diaper creams, it only makes it worse.  
Helpful - 0
My little one's yeast infection seems to return every month or so.  We use lotrimin which works better than monistat.  The allergy doc prescribed another medicine that was to also help with some eczema that appeared on her outter labia...it's a combo drug.  Yes, diaper changes are BAD here too.

And they do take baths, but only 1 daughter seems to be plagued with yeast.  Poor kiddo.
Helpful - 0
My daughter is prone to yeast infections.  I use Lotrimin.  The Dr. has us just us the over the counter lotrimin AF for it.  And it works like a charm.  it usually clears up by the second day.  But she gets them every  two months or so.  When she has them, diaper changes are like torture.

We found out that the kind of diaper's we were using were contributing to the frequency of them.  She had a slight allergy.  Here are some things that they had us do to relieve the pain......

Tepid bath, we add a little baking soda to the water (only when she has an infection), the nurse says that help stop the water from irritating it.

We stop using baby wipes and use wet wosh cloths instead.  The Dr. says that the aloe in the wipes reacts with the yeast.  

They also said that as soon as we realize that it's not just diaper rash to stop using zinc oxide diaper rash ointment.

This stuff works for us, hope it's helpful.
Helpful - 0
What kind of diapers did you switch to?  And thanks for the info on the wipes, I think we are using the Aloe ones.  Ooops.

Thanks for some more ideas!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.