Women's Health: Postpartum Community

How long does implantation bleeding last

It has been 14 days since the start of my last period. The last few days I've had a darker, brownish-discharge that only shows up when I wipe - nothing requiring a pad. I don't know if I'm getting another period (which would be abnormally soon after the last one) or if this is implantation bleeding? I don't know if implantation bleeding is one day and then it is gone, or if it could be several days like I've been experiencing. Anyone know? Thanks! (and if it IS another period - if I should go to the Dr. - or wait it out to see if wierdness happens next month too. I'm normally fairly regular - sometimes shorter cycles - but not 14 days - sheesh). Thanks!
This could be implantation bleeding or just spotting. Some women spot around the time of ovulation. Both of my sisters have recently gone to their doctor's because the began spotting about two weeks before AF arrives. Their doctors said the same thing. They said it is probably due to ovulation but they can run some tests to see if they're entering perimenopause. They're both in their early 30's but our mom was through menopause by the young age of 36. I would think you're either spotting because you're ovulating or you could be experiencing implantation bleeding. You'll know in a couple of weeks when AF is scheduled to arrive. Good luck.
I would guess you are spotting either because of ovulation or just some break-through bleeding.  If you just started a period 14 days ago, It's highly unlikely that you already O'd and the fertilized egg had time to implant.
I didn't have implantation bleeding w/my two pregnancies - but my last pregnancy I had my period ON my wedding day and we hadn't had sex prior - the wedding was 12/4 and I has a positive test result on new years
I had implantation bleeding 22 days after the first day of AF, it could be implantation bleeding if you O'ed early but is most likely O bleeding or breakthrough bleeding.
wait to see if AF arrives as usual, then take a test.
If the spotting turns into bleeding then possibly contact your doc.
I am having the same type of bleeding...brownish discharge and is turning light pink with light small tissue-like stuff falling.  Nothing that requires a pad but I did go to the ER last night.  They said one of two things could have happened since there was no gestational sac viewed in the ultrasound:  

1)  My bloodwork and unine showed positive pregnancy but still could be too early

2)  I've already miscarried.

I've already been to see three different doctors.  The first one said I was 12 to 14 weeks (by measuring my uterus), the second said I was 8 weeks (measuring uterus), and the third said 4 to 6 weeks (blood and measuring uterus).  Can this be a miscarriage or is there still hope that my baby is ok???  Has this happened to anyone before???
My question is to emcy2. You mentioned that you had implantation bleeding at day 22.  So did I and it lasted until day 25.  I should have had my period today, but nothing. I did an HPT last night and it was BFN. Could you let me know when you tested to get a BFP.  Thanks alot.
i have a question...i had sex about 5 days ago for the first time, it was 3 days before my period was suppose to end and then the day it was suppose to end and it was unprotected sex, though my boyfriend didn't come in me. But now i'm experiencing light pink bleeding, its in the form of a discharge so i'm not really sure what it is?? help??
ok i have a simliar problem... im 18 and im scared... i had my period regular on june 26 which lastd till july 3.... that whole time i was in florida... i returnd home on july 9 which that same night i had unprotectd sex wit my boyfriend..... everything was fine then the weekend that he stayd wit me july 16 till july 18 we had unprotectd sex...then on the night of the 18 i noticed i waas bleeding but i noticed it wasnt heavy...it was light and it was brownish pinkish purple...it lasted about 7-9 days which end around july 26 ..then i had sex on july 27 and my man noticed i was bleeding agen the same color.... i been gettin sick while driving in a car when going to fast... i been gettin sudden sharp pains in my lower stomach....does anyone kno wat this can be...does this mean im pregnant or am i been self influnced to believe it..
I actually had implantation bleeding on/off for about 4 days. I did not even know I was pregnant which is why I took another round of clomid. It was only when I wiped but was pink one day, alittle red the next and brown. I am now 10 weeks.
I had implantation bleeding, but it was only one time when I wiped and it was more bright red. I ended up miscarrying though, so I don't know how ordinary any of my pregnancy was. I don't think my progesterone levels were ever as high as they were supposed to, so maybe it is normal to bleed more with implantation. It could mean that it got good and burrowed.
crazybarbi3- better take a preg test......and no more unprotrcted sex....its too risky- use protection girl!!
i have been seeing spotting for over 5 days now. At first it was pink and then brown and now pink again. I took a pregnancy test at home and it came negative. We also moved this past weekend so i was doing a lot of work. My regular period was to start on the 18th but no heavy bleeding yet.

Does anyone know what this means. Could i be pregnant? we have been trying for 5 months
i was ment to start my period on the 23rd off this month but i come on, on the 14th for only 2 days it was a brownish colour then light red and i still havent had a propa period could it be implantation bleeding,  me and my boyfriend have has unprotected sex for about 2months could i be pregnant please some body help
does anyone know how long implantation spotting lasts?
i am on bc and my period is always normal/ regular. but i started spotting brown days before my period was due and now it a small brown/ pink discharge and a little red but nothing like a period i ususally have medium to heavy flow using like 2 to 3 pads a day and now its like barely one pad and very light cramps, so this is nothing like a normal period to me. could that be implantation bleeding??
I too began spotting a few days before my period was to be due.  It's now been 3 days.  I initially had a few drops on my underwear October 2nd and it was a pinkish brown color, and light cramping.  I just figured I started my period early, but then the rest of the day, the flow never began.  I've just been spotting, and it's now a darker brownish color almost black.  It's not even enough to require me to wear a pad.  It's only evident when I wipe.  I took a HPT test, and the result was positive.

There is a chance what you are experiencing is implantation bleeding.  Good luck to you.
How long did the spotting last? I first noticed a very light pink discharge late 10/04 or early 10/5. Then I had brown spotting on 10/6 and again today on 10/7.  It is nothing that evenrequires a panty liner but it is evident when I wipe.This is my first cycle TTC and I have 3 older kids and never had implantation bleeding with them so I am trying to find all the information that I can about this.

I am also trying to keep myself from tkaing a HPT. Did your BFP come after the spotting stopped or were you still experiencing it when you took the test?
I had the first initial few drops of blood on the afternoon of oct 2nd.  I haven't had drops of bleeding after that, but now still have the leftover residue discharge from those few drops.  I still have very tiny amounts of the discharge that sometimes appears after wiping.  It's almost not even noticeable, or even visible.  It is dark brown almost black, like older blood.  I still have very mild cramping, and since the 2nd, I have felt like I am just about to begin my period.  From what I read, these are the first initial signs of pregnancy.  

When I took the HPT, it was the evening of the 2nd, the day I had the few drops of blood.  Since the 2nd, I have had no more drops of blood, just barely visible residue I presume is left over from the initial small bleeding that took place.

This is my first time at pregnancy, so everything is really new to me. Does this sound like anything you are experiencing?      
This is also what I am experiencing. It was dark brown earlier with a tinge of pink, now it is gone-so it lasted about 2 1/2 days. I am still trying to hold off on testing. With the other 3 kids, I don't remember being able to get a positive until very close to my period. I have a 31 day cycle and AF is not due until 10/13. The wait is driving me crazy!
Have you taken a test yet??  Good luck I hope things turn out how you want them to.  You may be able to test now that you are expecting to have your period five days from now.  The test I used was clear blue.  Good luck!
I tested 6 times over the weekend. BFP!!!! BFP!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Congrats!!!  Very happy for you, and glad to hear the good news!  Good luck with everything!  :)
OK.. Well.. My boyfriend and I have a two year old little boy and we decided its time to try again!!

We have been trying since May... and since probably April i've been having light Ovulation bleeding.. light pink that only last 1-2 days. ( which is fine) However this month.. I got my last period on 10/08 .. and I had what I thought was ovulation bleeding that last couple days.. and today i wipe... and its a pretty lot of Dark brown discharge --- sorry if its too much info!!  Its way too early for implantation bleeding right? So do i call the dr? It def can't be my period. That shouldnt start for like another 12 days... crazy right?? any advise? or anyone with similar issues? any advise is appreciated
PLEASE HELP! I had sex for the first time (unprotected  :(   ) almost 3 weeks ago (Nov 30). It was about 10 days after my last day of bleeding.  The first week after sex nothing happened then at the end of week 2 I noticed I was bleeding. At first I thought it was menstrual or an STD (some clotting) so I took some azithromycin but its been about 7 days and now its brown, sometimes pink. Am I preganant?!?!?! Please help!