How soon after a premature birth is it safe to get pregnant again

My wife lost a child a child in apr due to chorioamnionitis, delivering at 20 weeks. The child didn't survive. Since then she hasn't gotten her first cycle yet but we have had intercourse and she has tested positive for pregnancy on a HPT. Is this too early for us to have concieved? Could the test be reading wrong due to the premature birth of our last child?
She delivered in April? No I am pretty sure she could be pregnant again. I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best. =)
Im so sorry for your loss.  It sounds like shes pregnant again....Congrats!!
I hate to be a doubter however with my loss at 12 weeks I had hcg in my system for a good three months.  Therefore the only realy way to know is if you have the hcg taken two times and see if it goes up or down.  Good luck and my prayers are with you...  
So sorry for your loss, I wish the best for you and your wife.  I have to agree with the above post though.  I had a m/c at 11 weeks but my hcg levels went down fast and I got my period, which can be a sign that the hormones are down.  I would call the Dr. and have them check the levels, good luck.
She absolutely needs to see her doctor.  Best of luck to you!  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.