Women's Health: Postpartum Community

IUD, Birth control & bleeding

Hey everyone.  I had my DD on May 10.  Had my IUD implanted July 5.  I had bleeding or spotting everyday since I had it put in.  I went to the Dr. last week and they put me on BC pills.  They said that would stop the bleeding and in a month when it got in my system and is working I will have my IUD removed.  I have been taking them for a week and I am still having dark, thick spotting and some pinkish/red spotting.  Enough I have to wear somehting all the time.  Do ya'll think this is normal?  I have had 3 days without bleeding or spotting since May 10 and I am sick of it!
I don't know...you may need to give it a bit more time. But f/u with the doc before the weekend.

I had an IUD once for about six months...didn't bleed between cycles, but when I did it was like a faucet was turned on.  I would go through 2 or 3 pads an hour.  My ob kept telling me it would get better after about 2-3 months so I waited...then I just couldn't take it anymore and had it out.  Would have loved it had it worked, though.

Just think it may have something to do with my anatomy -- maybe yours too?