Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

IUD, Birth control & bleeding

Hey everyone.  I had my DD on May 10.  Had my IUD implanted July 5.  I had bleeding or spotting everyday since I had it put in.  I went to the Dr. last week and they put me on BC pills.  They said that would stop the bleeding and in a month when it got in my system and is working I will have my IUD removed.  I have been taking them for a week and I am still having dark, thick spotting and some pinkish/red spotting.  Enough I have to wear somehting all the time.  Do ya'll think this is normal?  I have had 3 days without bleeding or spotting since May 10 and I am sick of it!
1 Responses
I don't know...you may need to give it a bit more time. But f/u with the doc before the weekend.

I had an IUD once for about six months...didn't bleed between cycles, but when I did it was like a faucet was turned on.  I would go through 2 or 3 pads an hour.  My ob kept telling me it would get better after about 2-3 months so I waited...then I just couldn't take it anymore and had it out.  Would have loved it had it worked, though.

Just think it may have something to do with my anatomy -- maybe yours too?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.