IVF with donor Eggs - insurance coverage in Mass

We are researching IVF options with donor eggs and are trying to get a straight answer as to what BCBS actually covers if you use donor eggs.  Anyone from Massachusetts (MA) that has gone through IVF with donor eggs with BCBS able to share the out of pocket expense of going this route?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Are you talking about the fee to the donor, or your own IVF and medical costs as the gestational mother?  They might cover some but not all, such as your meds and medical care but not the donor's, or both sets of meds and medical care, but not the donor's fee.
Helpful - 0
Thank you.
Helpful - 0
Sorry I can't be of more help.  Not being from Massachusetts, I don't know about their insurance program.  Count your blessings that you have one -- in Oregon, EVERYTHING is out of pocket unless you happen to have a great employer who has IVF on the insurance bennies list.
Helpful - 0
No problem.  I have since found out that our insurance will cover the medication and cycle costs for us and a local donor which saves us at least $15,000.  We are grateful to live in MA and to coverage for all our IVFs to date.  I wish you all the best in your journey.
Helpful - 0
I can answer that. BCBS doesn't cover donor egg. at least for me they didn't. We used Boston IVF in Waltham, they are great. There is insurance out . We used a Finance Co . Our plan was $18,800 and we financed $15000. My meds were not covered either. I am still taking them. We had one shot at this as of how expensive it is and we got great news on May 6th we are pregnant. Most IVF will discuss options so check all them out. I made phone calls and decided on Boston IVF.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.