Im only 3 days late, I have had hpt 3 test + & 1 neg. I also had a blood test that was neg.

Hi, Im so confused..... Im a mother of two kids, 1 Girl & 1 Boy. I had a miscarriage of triplets in May 09. Now with my daughter, i didn't get a + test till I was 9 weeks along. My son was only 6 days after i missed my period. My triplets were all boys & i had a + test @ 1 week past. Anyways on to my question... I am now 3 days past my period and i have done 5 test all together. The first was the day i missed my period, it was +, the second was 1 day past, +. Then I had a neg test on the 2nd day past my period. Today I had a blood test done that came back neg. I came home and took another hpt that came back +.  Whats up with this?? The + test were on the pregnancy strip test. Now here is the reason I think I'm pregnant... I MISSED my period, I have tender boobs with blue vains that have shown up in that last 2 days. I pee alot, I know its soon for that but I am. I am tired!!! I am moody!!! I have had a headache, I feel like i am laying on a small rock when I lay on my stomach. Ive been having gas like crazy, I have been quizzy. What should I do??????
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
your late and have gotten a negtive blood test in addition to the negative hpts...it does not sound like you are pregnant. there can be a number of things going on
Helpful - 0
I had thought "chemical pregnancy," but that does not explain the plus urine test after the negative blood test, unless you read the urine test after the time limit or there was something else about it that was not right.

You might consider going back to the doctor for another blood test, just on the off- off- off-chance that there was some kind of lab error the first time.  I don't think lab errors happen very much (we have heard of only one on this forum that I can remember) but if you are so sure, it might help to have the definitive test double-checked.  
Helpful - 0
Request a quantitative (not qualitative) hCG blood test. This will measure the actual amount of hCG present in the blood.
Helpful - 0
Also, if you have ovarian cysts that can cause a false positive too.... I am not exactly sure why but it can. It happened to me and turned out just to be my stupid cysts. : (
Good luck though
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.