Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Implantation Bleeding or Period?

I have been on birth control for 4 months and i started taking my sugar pills for the month on Sunday July 22nd. I had unprotected sex on the 23rd, but my partner pulled out before he came. I usually get my period on the Thursday morning after i start taking the sugar pills, but i just had cramps all day. I didn't see anything until late that night, and it was only brown discharge. When i took out my tampon in the morning there was blood, but also a lot of brown discharge. Could this be my period or implantation bleeding? It was very light discharge all day today and only bled for a few hours tonight. I am confused as to whether this is my actual period or not. Also, i have been working a lot more this month and i hardly have time to eat. Could this affect my period and the flow?
2 Responses
If you took your pills all month and didn't miss any days I wouldn't be worried.  You still wouldn't get pregnant on sugar pills.  If you missed any days,  then you may have reason for concern.  I know some of the pills are strict about needing to even be at the same time every day.  Wait til that wed and take a test.... and yes, a lot of work and lack of food will affect it.  Try not to worry.  
my period came five days early stayed for 1 day and was real dark never red
which sound like implantation bleeding but im not sure and i havent tested cuz i dont feel preg at all and when i am pregnant i feel like im pregnant so i want to wait till aug to see if anythin happens but if i get sick or boobs start hurting or get tired ill cave and test but i dont want to see a - sign if i dont have to
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.