Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Implantation spotting or early period? Please Help!

I had (somewhat) unprotected sex on my ovulation day (November 13th), but my partner did not ejaculate, as we put a condom on fairly soon into the process. My period should not be due until November 28th, but I started it at 12:30 am on the 19th. At first, it was a dark brown, thick consistency, but it quickly became more of a blood-red. It has been much lighter than my usual periods, but still has had some obvious clotting and has been enough for me to need to use around 3 regular tampons a day. It has been fairly consistent up until around 6pm tonight (November 21st), when I noticed it has stopped. (Usually my periods last 5 days).  Do you think this is simply an early period, or could it be implantation spotting due to pre-***? I have had no pain, nor have I had any other symptoms that I've read come with implantation spotting (nausea, breast tenderness, cramping, bloating, etc). My periods are usually pain-free. I'm just very alarmed that it arrived 9 days early.

Could it be stress? In the past week, I've been under a lot of stress due to school (I am a college nursing student), and on Friday night (the day before it started), I was informed I would have to put the cat I've had since childhood down. Would this have any effect on my menstrual cycle? Do you think it could be heavy implantation bleeding? If so, when is the soonest I can take a pregnancy test? Please be specific in your answers.
1 Responses
I know its been some time now since you posted this. Did you end up pregnant? I'm going through the same thing.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.