A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Inducing

Hi everybody,

I haven't wrote anything here for ages, i've just been getting on with my pregnancy. I am now 41wks i am really disappointed that nothing happened on my due date 26th May especially as on the 27th May was my birthday i turned 27 this is my first baby, my first pregnancy ended in a d&c at 8wks due to a blighted ovum i fell pregnant three months after that and this is now the result.
I will be going in on sunday for inducing they like to leave you ten days after your due date just in case it happens naturally.
I just wanted advice on what it is like, the doc. said that sometimes it can take a couple of days for anything to happen obviously you are monitored all the time if after three days nothing happens you are given a casearen, that could also happen if they discover the baby is distressed early on. Obviously i am scared i know it will be painful but i am also tired of being big and just can't wait to hold my baby for the first time.
I would just like to hear form your experiences see if it will cheer me up.

From a Soon to be mummy!!
3 Responses
Don't worry about being induced.., it's not that bad at all. Check in the forum below from 05/23/2005-- Question was titled "Looks like induction :o( " by debra_maine.  There is some discussion there about the joys of being induced. Best of luck!
My friend said he girlfriend was induced a week ago and it was her first child. She was a trooper she dialated really fast from 5-10cm and the entire process took 6 hours and 3 pushes...I was amazed. You never know it may not be that bad. Wish you luck on your precious little baby. He loves you so much he's not ready to leave yet :)
Is inducing safe for ladies?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.