Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Infertility?!?

Hi... Ive been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now... I've already had a miscarriage about a year ago. I dont know what to do! I also have irregular menstrual cycle.. i dont get periods for 2-3 months, thinking that im pregnant - but in vain! what should i do? Please HELP!!!
make an appointment with an obgyn or if your insurance allows it without a referral a reproductive endocronologist. there are all sorts of tests they can run to figure out why you are having trouble, and there is plenty that can be done about it inexpensively (usually)

good luck and let us know how it goes. most of us have been through it.
I agree with Stacie
After trying that long (others seem to have them like kittens)
Have you ever expressed your concern to your doctor If not then if this is your wish to get pregnant Now is the time  he could refer you to specialist  and go from there!! Lots of medical technology now a days to just about anything!!
I too agree with the above posts.  I had to see a reproductive endocrinologist.  I got pg about 7 months after seeing him.  It is well worth it!  Hang in there.
I understand u I was in ur situation for over 7 yrs waiting month to month an when I didn't get my period for 2 months I thought I was pregnant then my doc said no ur not pregnant u have pcos' ....u should go to the doctor. I understant it hard to keep trying but thank god I'm now 11 weeks I hope everything goes ok an never give up HOPE......Best Wishes
Hello OP! I'm sorry you can't conceive. I was in your shoes. I know what you're going through. My dh and I were TTC for years with no luck. We were in treatments. We tried everything to get pregnant. Eventually we made it. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage. Not only I lost my baby but I lost my fertility. I understand how you feel knowing your friend is pregnant. I remember myself when all of my friends and colleagues were announcing their pregnancies. It was really hard to be happy for them. It doesn't make you selfish or a bad person. It's ok for people who TTC for a really long time, for those who struggle with infertility to feel this way. Don't be afraid to receive bad news. Don't think negative ahead of time. I know it's hard but these thoughts make you even more stressed. I remember after miscarriage I was told that I won't be able to carry a baby. I felt so bad. I thought that was the end. Then my dh and I were advised to look into surrogacy. I thought that finally I have some hope. Then I looked into prices... Well at that moment I was 100% sure that was the end. I knew we couldn't afford to have surrogacy. I remember I was thinking that my life is over. But now I'm so happy I didn't give up. My husband supported me and we decided to fight till the end. We started looking for affordable places where surrogacy can be done. We had to go abroad and we faced some troubles, but eventually we became parents. We were fully onboard. Together step by step we reached our goal. Even when it seems that it’s the end of the world, it’s not.
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
62.5k Questions