Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Insomnia an early pregnancy symptom?

Hi Ladies-  Has anyone experienced insomnia in early pregnancy?  I am 10dpo and for the last 8 days or so I CAN'T sleep!  Nothing helps, this has NEVER been a problem for me.  Lately I sleep an hour or two here and there but most of the night I'm tossing and turning.  Just wondering if it's an early pregnancy symptom.
Carrie
it was for me but i would not get excited til you test.  your hormones are funky whether you are pregnant or expecting af.  I know you should wait til af is expected...but i started testing at 10 dpo and got my bfp.  good luck!
Unfortunately, for me insomnia is a sign that AF is coming and I'm always up for 2 nights staight before AF. When I'm PG, it's the opposite and I'm so tired I can barely get up. However, I have most definitely heard that insomnia is a common early PG symptom for lots of women.
Insomnia was a sign for me with this one. I couldn't sleep at night or I would toss and turn. I would be ready to go at 5am, then around noon I would jus wanna crash. It was the night time wehre I just couldn't seem to find that comfy spot. Hope this is your month! Baby dust to you******* Yes also, you may have to wait until af but you may wanna test now. If you're having symptoms usually theres enough hcg to show on a HPT! God Bless!
I don't know if there is any scientific proof of this but I COULD NOT sleep in anymore from the first day I found out I was pregnant!  I used to be able to sleep until 10 on the weekends but my body was getting up every morning at 7 or 8.  It stayed this way throughout my entire pregnancy.  Maybe it was my body preparing me for the sleep deprivation that I'm experiencing now with my 3 week old!!!  :)  

I hope that you get the result you're looking for!

Amy
The exact same situation Amy described has happened/is happening to me. I miss sleeping in, but i just can't anymore. Thankfully I can still take weekend naps though!!
Same thing happend to me. Didn't know it was a sign of pg. I m now 6 wks pg... just now starting to sleep.

Good luck!
I hope I can attribute my insomnia to pregnancy, because I don't want to live my life like this!!  I'm prone to insomnia in general, but NOTHING like THIS!!  I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at any time.  I toss and turn ALL night, and I'm very uncomfortable.  It seems that I'm chronically tired, not due to the effects of pregnancy, but due to not sleeping!!  I'm now in my 10th week.  I hope it gets better in the 2nd trimester!!  I'm not stressed about the baby, or anything else.  I don't nap either.  The usual theories don't seem to apply here!
How did that turn out??? Because I've not been able to sleep for more than 2 hours for a month now, and am ttc
Please let us know
Sorry just realised you were indeed pg when you posted that
idk if im preg. or not, but ive been having symptoms as stated in entries above. im about 18hours from home n dont really kno what to do. ive been havin insomnia for....a week or so. ive been too thirsty n hungry and im easily irritable. at time, i feel dizzy. when i urinate, i feel a lil pressure on my bladder n i have "mini-cramps". i urinate VERY often. it is sumtimes triggered by just laughing, then not even 5 mins later, im bak in the bathroom. the crazy thing about that is that i feel like i will pee my pants if i dont hurry when in reality, its just a lil drip. i need help ladies
i'm in the same boat.  such terrible insomnia.  missed period but that happens sometimes b/c of hormonal issues.....woke up this morning with sharp pains on side of only left bb...not touching, just hurts....actually shouldn't say woke up this morning because i couldn't sleep...sluggish and feel heavy....craving one particular thing for like 2 weeks now...not sure, afraid to test cause usually it's neg.  but it's been like....a month and a half since the last af....
girl i'm in the same boat. i'm kind of freaking out about it. like, literally word for word exactly what you're feeling. fatigue all day long, can't sleep at night, peeing, and i'm also losing my hair more. and i'm normally the most easygoing person in the world, but lately i just want to punch everyone in their face. i don't know what's wrong with me, but i also feel like i'm overreacting, because i've had 4 false tests before, and i feel like i'm just reading into it too much again.