Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Introducing the Sleep Tracker

We're pleased to announce the Sleep Tracker, the fifteenth in a series of Personal Health Applications (PHAs) geared towards helping our members keep track of health metrics, symptoms, treatments, test results and events. Along with the weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, and water trackers, the sleep tracker can help you live a healthy lifestyle.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), "Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases and conditions, such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and depression. Sufficient sleep is increasingly being recognized as an essential aspect of chronic disease prevention and health promotion."

With the sleep tracker, you can track your sleep patterns, and identify patterns of behavior that result in better sleep or more restless sleep, from drinking warm milk to uncomfortable temperatures. For mothers of young children, the sleep tracker can be used to track their babies' sleep patterns. To find out if you're getting enough sleep, check out the Health Page, "How Much Sleep Do You Need Each Night?"

You can access the Sleep Tracker by clicking on the "Trackers" link at the top of the community, from My MedHelp or by going directly to http://www.medhelp.org/trackers/list/71 .

We plan on adding more functionality to the Sleep Tracker over the next few weeks and would love to get your suggestions and feedback. If you want to track a specific symptom or event, let us know. Please post your comments in the MedHelp Suggestions community, accessible via My Shortcuts.

In addition, see our new health page on How Much Sleep Do you Need Each Night at:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological-Disorders/How-Much-Sleep-Do-You-Need-Each-Night/show/385?cid=86

MedHelp
That`s a nice feature. Now we only need to know how to eliminate the cause of sleep deprivation. An overly demanding boss, a snoring partner, a crazy commute. I gladly go through sleep deprivation with a newborn again but some of the other factors are just permanent madness... :)