Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Irregular periods since giving birth

I just gave birth to my 2nd daughter on Feb 20th, and I had my post-partum bleeding till the 14th of March. I started my Nor DQ birth control on March 16th. I got my first period on the 21st of March and it lasted for 4 days and it wasn't that heavy. Now my concern is after that I got my period back again on the 4th of April and it lasted 5 days and it was very heavy. Then again I just started another one on the 14th of March and it has been so heavy and it shows so signs of letting up. I have no cramps or pain just lots of bleeding and very dark colored blood. I know that breastfeeding can cause you periods to be irregular but there are days were I nurse her on and off all day and then there are days she has formula and no nursing. I have no other exsisting conditions and am just confused on what might be causing periods every other week. Just hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue and/or I am just trying to find answers my doctors aren't easy to get to or make an appointment with.
It may be possible that you didn't completely finish postpartum bleeding yet.  I bled for a long time after my son and I'd stop bleeding for two or three days then start again.  I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but it was a while.  It might also have something to do with your birth control...have you taken that kind before?  I've never taken birth control so I don't know how all those affect you and stuff.  But I know my bleeding was for a while and on and off, some light, some heavy until eventually it stopped altogether.
I guess it could be possible that I didnt finish my postpartum bleeding, I never with my other kids bled for this long, it is just disgusting. I have never taken this birth control before so it may be the birth control to. Thanks for the input.
If you hadn't taken the birth control before it might be causing it.  If I were in that situation I would stop the birth control and see what happens.  If it stops then you know it's the birth control.  Good luck :)