A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
458937 tn?1271198381

Is this Normal?

My son got his shots on tuesday,  and where the nurse poked him he has a hard lump, and it is still red. Also when I touch it he jerks away so i'm assuming it is sore. I called his pedi's office and they said it is normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but ever since he got his shots he has been a strict momma's boy. And he'll wake up screaming and he won't take his bottle of water but if it's milk he will. I'm not sure whats going on any help would be appreciated =] thanks!
5 Responses
177382 tn?1253044740
yeah my lil guy is like that too, did dr tell you to give him anything for pain?  i would ask if they didn't.  just watch him close  and make sure he doesn't have a fever.  sorry about the shots  :( he should be better tomorrow tc  ~d
171768 tn?1324233699
yep- normal. those shots HURT. i got my DTaP after dd was born, and i was very sore for days. you can give him tylenol. he should feel better soon.
458937 tn?1271198381
Thank you DaniWants1More and Tiredbuthappy =] yeah I've been giving him tyenol poor guy I feel so helpless!
yeah its normal dont worry
489483 tn?1223181547
oh man you have me worried....my daughter is going to the doctors tommorrow and i believe she is getting her shots that she missed....now im scared that she'll get to many and be very hurt..i know she missed quite a few...anywho sorry about seeing your son in pain and unable to take it away..wish u luck and a speedy recovery...  : )
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.