Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

I've stopped pumping and nursing for a week now

I had my third child at 32 weeks gestation, I started pumping every 2 hours and was pumping about 10 oz everytime I would pump. Well my supply had slowly decreased to the point where I wasn't getting anything. :( So I've now stopped doing everything for a week and my little girl got RSV. Which really breaks my heart and I now want to try to start breastfeeding again. I've tried fenugreek, drinking lots of water and pumping constantly but nothing seems to work. Is it too late?? Or can I still get my milk back?
2 Responses
Did your breasts become solid yet...and go through the painful period? If so...i think they are dried up.
Not sure though....
I stopped nursing once I became pregnant again and I never had the uncomfortable drying up period. It just stopped..but that could have been due to the pregnancy.
93532 tn?1349370450
Sometimes, depending on how old your baby is, you can re-lactate. I would talk to your doctor and call a lactation consultant. Can your baby latch? She will be much better at getting that supply back than a pump.

What kind of pump are you using?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.