Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Jaundice at 3 months old is it normal?

Hello my baby is 3 months old and has a 4.4 biliruben (jaundice) reading (blood test) I've been looking everywhere on the net to see if this is commun in 3 month old baby's but anything I find always points to 6 week old baby's or younger?! My doctor is really short with his explanations and from what I gather from him is that is due to me breastfeeding!? I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and what I can do to fix it?
Please HELP>....

Thank you.
I believe anything under 8 is normal. I'm a peds RN and thats what we go by. we wont even treat under the bililight unless is above 14.
For an neonate, yes.  

For a 3 month old, no.
Thank you for your help guys!!!! Kelly Bug have you ever seen another 3 month old or older with jaundice?
who is this what is a neonate?
A neonate, or the neonatal period, is that time from birth to 4 weeks of age. It can be very common for newborns to have jaundice, and it isn't treated until it increases to much higher levels or is rapidly rising soon after birth.  

I didn't mean to panic you.  It's good that the levels are going to be rechecked in a week.  They are not dangerously high by any means.  But if they do not promptly come down, a search needs to be undertaken to find out WHY they are elevated.  There are certain diseases/conditions that can lead to elevations of bilirubin. It can also be normal in certain races or ethnicities.   At 3 months of age, I don't know how much breastfeeding would still be affecting your infant in regards to bili levels.

I'm assuming furthur work up is in progress?  If not, I would seek out another opinion, preferably from a pediatric gastroenterologist.
There are many causes of pediatric hyperbilirubinemia.  Start by ruling out the serious ones.
Well my Doctor asked me to take my baby to get another blood test one week after the last one reading 4.4 to see if the biliruvin levels would go down on their own......I'm just worried, hopefully everything is okay :(
If they don't, PLEASE get another opinion from a specialist.
hey my baby was born pre mature n after 2 month she got jaundice..and shes turnin 4 months dis month and still has it im so scared because i wonder sometimes if she can seewit her eyes
Hi i am facing yhe same problem now my son is 3 months old and we did 3 bilirubin tests and its still 4.4 he is in the hospital now for all the mri scans doctors are saying jaundice but no symptoms on him neither urine nor poop which is confusing the doctors alot plz . Can u tell me what happened after with ur child ? And how is he now and what did u do ?or if their anyway we can contact to asl straight away?