Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Lare period after copper IUD removal

I had my copper IUD removed on the 4th november the day before my period ended, i always have 28 day cycles and was due my period on the 29th November and it has not come i have taken a first response pregnancy test today 1 day late and negative, i feel poorly and keep cramping through most of the day everyday for the past 10 days, when would i expect my period as i thought the copper IUD did not affect your normal cycles
2 Responses
4268628 tn?1375044776
It could be just your body adjusting. Is wait a week and take another hpt. Try taking it first thing in the morning. If that comes back negative, I would chalk it up to your body adjusting...I never had an iud, but have friends who had. They said they went a little haywire after theirs were removed.
Hey. Iv had the IUD copper removed 2 months ago and i had my period 3 weeks later. Only the hormonal one will mess up ur periods. If u havent had a period it very liky u are pregnant if u are getting a negative pregnancy responce, and still no period go to ur gp straifht away as u maybe having a ectopic pregnancy x
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.