Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Late and heavy implantation bleeding?

Hello.I stopped BC pills on Nov 6 2005 the Sunday during my period. Since have gotten periods, but not always same time. Longest was 6 and 3/4 weeks apart, shortest was 4 weeks and 2 days apart (which was last "normal" period-got on June 27). They usually last 3-5 days since stopped pills. I believe I was ovulating on 7/12.Had unprotected sex on 7/13. About a week later I was feeling slight cramping in my lower abdomen and slightly bloated like I couldn't hold in my stomach. I was "due" to start my period on 7/25 and thought I was getting it-had cramps, but never came. On 7/26 I thought I had a hot flash and I felt nauseous in PM (although I was painting a room at the time). On 7/27 I felt a belly button twinge in afternoon and in PM I had tiny amount of clear mucous with brown/red blood in it when I wiped. Next day same, but more brownish in color. My back also hurt and I had cramps, bloating. Nothing the next two days. On 7/31 I was crampy in lower ab and had tiny amount of fresh tinged red mucous in AM when wiped. 8/1 tiny amount of red/brown mucous on tp in AM, same on 8/2. On 8/3 still seeing small dark red blood/mucous on tp in AM, and felt slightly queasy and gassy (burped alot in AM) and tired. 8/4 same. Took HPT(EPT)in PM on 8/4-negative. 8/5 no spotting in AM, cramps became heavier and soiled underwear in PM. Cramps all night. When woke in AM 8/6 large blood clot when wiped, thought period started. 8/7 heavy bleeding in AM, very light in PM, tired. 8/8 was pretty much gone.Today 8/9 I have bloated, crampy feeling in lower ab and back pain, tired. Am I pregnant?
11 Responses
It sounds like an unusual period but not implantation bleeding.
127124 tn?1326739035
I've never heard of anyone having clots with implantation bleeding.
136073 tn?1194562636
I had an IB, but it was exactly two drops and lasted no longer than day and a half.
Does anyone think it could have been a miscarriage?
Thanks for the reply.  I have never had a week of on again-off again red/brown mucous only when I wiped, so that's why I was thinking I was pregnant. I also have never had it followed by 2 heavy days of bleeding and then nothing. I haven't really felt sick, although I have noticed a couple times I felt lightheaded/dizzy while driving and sitting at my computer.  My breasts are only a little sore, but not more noticeable than normal. I have been feeling extremely tired the last few days, though.  My husband wanted me to see my doctor, but I wanted to wait and take another HPT in a few days or so before I do that.  I am hoping that I am, and don't want to hear that I'm not from my doctor.
No, not with a neg HPT. It sounded like a period.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.